• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC not importing video/The video appears to be corrupted

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to import 4k mp4's from my mavic pro 2 into Lightroom and it's giving me this error.
The video file appears to be corrupted or unrecognizable. It has no audio or video streams. (30) 

These videos work just fine when previewing them on my macbook pro. Nothing wrong with them. 

I've tried purging my video cache and it still doesn't work.
I've also tried deleting the files located here: 

users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmediaserver 
users//Library/Preferences/Adobe/dynamiclinkmanager

Any ideas on why these videos are not importing? 

Thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing a similar issue with videos from my camera 5DMIV and the Mavic 2. It only started happening recently when I updated my LR CC to version 9.0. I thought it was an update problem so I downgraded to Version 8.4 which was what I was using initially but nothing seems to work. Importing multiple images as well is painfully slow and takes hours. I hope someone from Adobe sees this and helps us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Do you mind sharing the videos which you are unable to import or play in Lightroom? We would try to reproduce the issue in-house and let you know.

Regards, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you've configured the Mavic to record video in HEVC (H.265). While Mac LR can import and play HEVC video, Windows LR cannot; even on Mac, there may be some compatibility issues with HEVC video.

As a workaround, configure the Mavic to record in H.264.

Also, please upload a short sample problem video to Dropbox or similar and paste the sharing link here. That will let us determine in detail where the problem might be and then post an actionable bug report/feature request for Adobe.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call johnrellis, I didn't even think about that. I double checked my footage and it is the HEVC codec. I'll have to swap that out and see if that fixes the problem. Althought I am working on Mac LR not Windows. 

Here's a share link to view a short clip of the footage: 

https://thebbb-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/brian_evancic_thebbb_org/Edjk9oHuK_hIq4uaUJ9rNP4B9We...

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that download link doesn't allow for public access:

Untitled.png

Maybe use a free account at Dropbox or Google Drive, or use free WeTransfer to send it to my tech-support email address

I think there may be variants of HEVC encoding and that LR only supports some of them. Ohers have coimplained about issues with Mavic videos, so it would be good to nail this down for Adobe (Adobe isn't about to do it, unfortunately).

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem but adobe ignore it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Do you mind sharing the videos which you are unable to import or play in Lightroom? We would try to reproduce the issue in-house and let you know.

Regards, Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines