Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Sync Stuck

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Lightroom Classic 9.4 on MacOS 10.15.6 

Sync is telling me it's syncing 97 photos, but has been stuck on that for weeks. With nothing moving to the cloud.  Bassically just stuck.  

In Lightroom Sync Preferences Sync Activity it says there are 0 Uploading, 0 Downloading, 0 Pending.  

I've tried rebuild sync data, but that hasnt changed anything.  

Any new ideas?

Thanks

Freddy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close :LrC then open the File Manager program for the OS you are using. Go to the Folder that your LrC catalog is stored in and Delete the "CatalogName" Sync.lrdata folder. Then Open/Start LrC.

Another thing to try, possibly first, is to go into the LrC Prerfernces, the Sync tab, Hold down the Alt key and Click the button to "Rebuild Sync Data".

Rebuild Sync Data LrC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I tried rebuilding Sync Data, now all  my synced photos are stuck (over 5,000).

Why might that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With LrC Closed open the File Manager program that comes with the OS your computer is using and go to the folder your LrC catalog is in and Delete the folder named LightroomCatalogName Sync.lrdata.

Restart your computer and then open LrC. I suggest you have backups of all your image files and the LrC Catalog file before you do this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I assume this catalog will rebuild itself?

Will it take long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalog files end with the extension .lrcat (LRCAT) the file you are referring is "Sync Data"

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will this file rebuild itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT the Catalog file you are deleting. It is the LrC SYNC with Mobil folder. And Yes it will be recreated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Got it.

It seems to have worked, it took a few hours to sync 5,000 plus photos, but now it is has been stuck on the last 34 photos, all form the same collection. What could be wrong with these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea but what I would do is Remove them from the collection they are in and then Re-Add them to the same collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That's what I'm doing, 4 at a time. I wonder why it is taking so mucch longer than the others, all taken the same day? The metadata seems to all be the same...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware this process will include rebuilding the sync data for all your synced images so it will take time dependent on the number of files involved.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines