Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Wont Open CR3

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok everyone - I am officially stumped. 

I have the latest updates for Lightroom Classic (9.2.1) and Camera Raw, but for the life of me, I can't figure out why they wont open CR3 files. What am I missing here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CR3 files from which Canon camera model?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Tim I notice that this is your first post in the forum and just wish to say welcome.

We just wish to get some additional information so we can make a clear and focused response. This is a user to user forum so the responses you will receive here are from other users like yourself.

As a point of clarity, you stated: "I can't figure out why they won't open CR3 files". Well, the reality is Lightroom is not a file browser so it does not open files per se. You first have to import the files into the Lightroom Catalog so you can start working with them. CR3 files are raw files from Canon digital cameras and Lightroom has to first provide support for the particular camera model before it is able to import the files.

Please see the screen capture for more info.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 9.23.11 AM copy.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines