Highlighted

Lightroom Develop module is disabled

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ] on Mac suddenly stopped working. I get a message that Develop module is disabled and I have to sign out and sign in again. But the problem is that when I click on Help-> sign out or My account option nothing happens. Any thought?

Ok, sounds like  you are missin g a key component. Probably can blame Adobe, some things are not clear. I think they rely on common knowledge too much.

So go to the following website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html 

Topics

Account management, Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Develop module is disabled

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ] on Mac suddenly stopped working. I get a message that Develop module is disabled and I have to sign out and sign in again. But the problem is that when I click on Help-> sign out or My account option nothing happens. Any thought?

Ok, sounds like  you are missin g a key component. Probably can blame Adobe, some things are not clear. I think they rely on common knowledge too much.

So go to the following website and download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App:

Topics

Account management, Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and in is done in the Creative Cloud app, not in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using a VERY OLD version of LR.

Did you originally buy LR 6 or do you have an active subscription to the Photography plan?

Need to know the answer to the above question.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have an active subscription plan. pay monthly. Do you I need to uninstall the current version and install the new version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check a couple of things

1. At Adobe.com, sign in, select manage your account, look at your plan. What plan are youpaying for.

2. Bring up your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App, Hover your mouse over the Lightroom Classic button, what version?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here are my comments:

1 -Photography plan (20GB)
Annual plan, paid monthly

2- I couldn't find anyAdobe Creative Cloud Desktop App installed on my machine. The only Adobe product installed is Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC?   What MACOS vetsion?

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 9.4, PS 21.2.1; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.6; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, MacOS Catalina 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somee points to make

The Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App is key to installing, autheticating, activating, updating, and to some extent adding too the Creative Cloud applications.

You do not log in or out of the various applications like Lightroom Classic anymore (well you can, but don't)

You sign in to the Adobe Creative Desktop App using your Adobe ID . Do not, normaly, sign out. If you sign out, the applications get deactivated, sign back in, they get reactivated. 

This is not to say that you need internnet access all the time, as long as you do not sign out, Lightroom Classic will still wirk even though it us not calling Adobe to autheenticate at the time (it dies occasonaly, something likevevery 90 days)

So, just do not sign out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much David for the great hint. It seems I was just paying the subscription without using it!!! 

I think you are right. Adone should do a better job to tell their clients how to install and use thier products.

Cheers,

Sina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines