• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom gray photos cant be deleted

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some gray photos in my catalog and none of them can be clicked on/deleted, edited and its really frustrating ? How do I fix this ?

(Moving this to the LR Classic forum as I think the user is writing about the Classic version and not the Cloud version. All done by Mod JSM)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of what you are seeing on your screen.

Also what exact version of LR are you using? The Cloud Centric Lightroom or the traditional LR Classic and the exact version number.

You should also include the OS you are using and the exact version number of that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

E8C1A87D-218E-4C53-8677-59F69DAADDDC.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this frustrating problem too.

The Rikk Flohr method described by WobertC is one way to go - but you lose your catalogue for a while which isn't practical for many people.

If you can identify the rogue files on your hard drive (not in the LR catalogue) there is a clever little app called Trash It! which may help. I tried to delete a huge number of files when making a clean start with Time Machine. Some files simply would not delete no matter how I attacked them. Trash It! gobbled them up in a couple of minutes. Give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be looking for "missing photos" where the underlying file has been moved or deleted.  In such a case LR doesn't know where it is so it can only show a preview.

Try right clicking and looking at file location, or try Library > Find All Missing Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is I can't right click on these gray photos. I just want to delete them. I know how to find the missing files and have found them but these gray photos won't go away 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not 'missing' as is usually indicated by the [!], but the screen-clip and your description suggests "Ghost Images"!

Six months ago Rikk Flohr suggested a fix would be coming in a Lr-CLassic update:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/blank-thumbnails-showing-up-in-all-photograph...

Are you using Classic v9.2? If not do the update in the CC Desktop App.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi David

I’m on Mac High Sierra 10.13.6, Lightroom Classic.

Regards

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines