Highlighted

My photos look cooler in temperature on my iPhone than they do on my MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very frustrating issue while editing my photos. I'm very particular, and once I get an edit the way I want it to look, I won't settle for anything less. I've finally got a photo the way I want it to look, and I air drop it to my cell phone. However, on my phone, the photo always looks cooler in temperature than it does on my macbook and in lightroom. I just purchased a new Macbook Pro 2020, and I never had this issue on my old 2013 Macbook Pro. 

I have ensured that I have changed the color spaces in lightroom to sRGB and even have "convert to sRGB selected. My photos definitely look similar, however they always look the SLIGHTEST bit cooler on my iphone. I have checked the settings in my iphone and they are the standard settings. I'll attach a picture to show what I am seeing.

I even tried to see if maybe my Macbook display was just warmer than my iphone display, so I screen shotted the photo on my iphone, and sent it back to my Macbook via airdrop to see if the photo would look normal again - nope! It still looks cooler!

The photo on the left is a screen shot I took off of my iphone after air dropping the photo to myself. The photo on the right is the way the photo looks in my macbook. The photo on the left (iphone screenshot) is slightly cooler (you can see it best in the sky). Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 7.04.55 PM.png 

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My photos look cooler in temperature on my iPhone than they do on my MacBook Pro

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very frustrating issue while editing my photos. I'm very particular, and once I get an edit the way I want it to look, I won't settle for anything less. I've finally got a photo the way I want it to look, and I air drop it to my cell phone. However, on my phone, the photo always looks cooler in temperature than it does on my macbook and in lightroom. I just purchased a new Macbook Pro 2020, and I never had this issue on my old 2013 Macbook Pro. 

I have ensured that I have changed the color spaces in lightroom to sRGB and even have "convert to sRGB selected. My photos definitely look similar, however they always look the SLIGHTEST bit cooler on my iphone. I have checked the settings in my iphone and they are the standard settings. I'll attach a picture to show what I am seeing.

I even tried to see if maybe my Macbook display was just warmer than my iphone display, so I screen shotted the photo on my iphone, and sent it back to my Macbook via airdrop to see if the photo would look normal again - nope! It still looks cooler!

The photo on the left is a screen shot I took off of my iphone after air dropping the photo to myself. The photo on the right is the way the photo looks in my macbook. The photo on the left (iphone screenshot) is slightly cooler (you can see it best in the sky). Why is this happening?

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 7.04.55 PM.png 

Topics

Import and export, Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look very close to being the same from the screen shot you posted.

Here is a screen shot of the screen shot you posted.

2020-08-27 19_23_02-My photos look cooler in temperature on my iPhone ... - Adobe Support Community .png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do look very similar, but they aren't the same unfortunately. If you take a look in the sky, my original edit (on the right) has a much more yellowish hue, and the iphone screenshot (on the left) is much more blue/white. Also, the oranges in the skin tones in my original edit (right) are more orange, while the colors from the iphone screenshot (left) are more on the pink hue side. I know it's very slight, but I edit so specifically that to me, it is very noticeable and very annoying to try and deal with! Not sure what to do to correct it

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look quite close but further, there is NO way to calibrate the iPhone, it's calibrated at the factory. Your display uses a differing backlight, gamut etc and you might, with proper calibration and profiling software, alter it to match the iPhone but is it really worth doing? 

At the very least, make sure both devices do NOT have True Tone on. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines