• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nikon Z6 raw files in LR

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing RAW files from Nikon Z6 into Lightroom Classic 8.1, Camera Raw 11.1, some settings are changed, such as contrast, shadow, saturation, chroma aberration etc. But it is not the same value to each file and only in RAW files not the files jpg and only with the Z6. I dont want Lightroom modify my RAW files. I never have that before.

Can you help me please.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom applies default settings that have been established for each camera. If you don't like the default settings that have been set, then create your own default settings. If you want everything set to 0 then set everything accordingly and then set new default settings. Then, whenever you important new raw images or click on the reset button, those are the settings that will be applied to your images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I have another Nikon camera and a Sony and when I import the raw files in LR the files have not been changed. It is only the model Z and only the Raw files, not the jpg.

It is not only to change the values to 0, but there are some basic values that have been changed.

And even if I click Reset, nothing changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then apparently the default settings for the new camera are not acceptable and need to be modified. Clicking the reset button is only going to reset the image to the default settings. You are going to need to modify the default settings in order for the reset button to accomplish what you need the button to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera settings like saturation, sharpening and Active D-Lighting only affect jpgs, and the image you see on the back of the camera is also a jpg, not the actual raw file.

Although the camera settings may be written to the raw file, Lightroom doesn't understand these proprietary settings, and ignores them. Try one of the camera matching profiles in Lightroom – click on the profile name in the Basic panel, then click Browse. If you find one you like, you can go to Develop > Set default settings to apply this profile to all images from this camera. Note that this will include all Develop settings you have changed, so you may want to change the camera profile only when doing this.

LR-camera-profile.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true for these two cameras, And only these two cameras.

now Adobe has not shared this new feature, but it exists.

https://froknowsphoto.com/major-nikon-z7-issue-in-adobe-lightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised to see this, so I downloaded a couple of Z7 files from DPReview, and they do indeed include the camera settings in XMP. I opened one of them in RawDigger to check, and found the settings in the metadata. Saturation +4 was not there, so I have no idea where that's coming from.

To fix this, I manually set all changed sliders to zero, and went to Develop > Default settings, and chose Update to current settings.

I then imported another file from the camera, and all the settings were zeroed. The exception was Radius and Detail  in the Detail panel, that were still at 2 and 25, but since Amount was set to 0, they had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Nikon Z6 and Z7, and not for any other camera, the in camera settings are carried over into Lightroom and acted upon. Not just shutter speed, aperetur, and ISO, but all those various settings like film simulation (or whatever Nikon calls it), sharpness, noise reduction, WB, on and on....

Now, I do not know if a way to turn that off exists. But, I suspect to undo it, try click on the first entry in the history panel, reset, then apply a Lightroom general preset called zeroed. The bit about reset in the history panel is just to clean house and keep things simpiler

Zeroed changes all settings that you or Lightroom may have applied to the zero or default values. For example LR just loves to tweet sharpening a bit. But, I suspect these are values after LR applies the default profile. Zeroed will not change whatever the profile applied, for that you need to change the profile (best done first post processing step).

Next step would be to changer your profile from whatever defaults, to what you want, then move on in your workflow.

and yes, this is for the NEF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change the profile in the camera and it is the same. And I change the profile in LR and it is stay the same. Z6 & Z7 have the same issue

Look at this youtube: MAJOR Nikon Z7 ISSUE in Adobe Lightroom? - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So yvondaigle​ The answer to you original post question is as given by Per Berntsen​- just above-

1. Open one raw Z6/Z7 image in the Develop module.

2. Manually set all changed sliders to zero, or as YOU want them to be.

3. Goto menu:  Develop > Set Default settings..., and chose [Update to current settings.]

Now every raw file you Import from the Z6/Z7 will be reset to "zero" settings.

This is a method to set "Defaults" for any-and-every camera we use with Lightroom. It is one of the great features of Lightroom that every user can set defaults to make their photos look how they want, and NOT be 'forced' to accept the Adobe defaults.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Wobert & Per, I will try it.

I find strange that Adobe does not told us for that change on Z6 or Z7 files. Or if it is a bug, they not told us that they will issue a update soon or later.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blame Nikon for changing the metadata it places in the Nikon files.

Many would want Adobe to show the metadata adjustments made by Nikon. You obviously do not.

It does not need an "Update soon". Just change YOUR camera defaults for Lightroom- simple!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 

This guide is working to set the right import preset.

But still .. when I import all Z6 files - images stay as "Custom" but not as "Default Settings". Is it possible to set those RAW files to "Default Settings" so I can see in Library Filter (Metadata > Develop Presets) which files are edited and which are not. 

Screenshot 2019-12-11 at 17.23.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines