Highlighted

Open multiple images in LR to PS

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

My current editing process involves editing in LR, then one image at a time "open in PS". I edit in PS, then click "save" and the image is back in LR and I'll  finish my editing workflow there. I'm looking for a way to open multiple images from LR to PS (rather than one at a time) and then get them all back in LR (as simple  as possible). 

I've tried using camera raw instead of LR, and open all images in PS. I just like LR so much better. 

how can I achieve this?

Many thanks!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open multiple images in LR to PS

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

My current editing process involves editing in LR, then one image at a time "open in PS". I edit in PS, then click "save" and the image is back in LR and I'll  finish my editing workflow there. I'm looking for a way to open multiple images from LR to PS (rather than one at a time) and then get them all back in LR (as simple  as possible). 

I've tried using camera raw instead of LR, and open all images in PS. I just like LR so much better. 

how can I achieve this?

Many thanks!!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that option does not exist yet in Lightroom desktop. It only exists in Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan, thank you, and sorry i mean to include that I am using LR Classic! So is there a way to open multiple images at once to photoshop and then save them back to LR classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Select the images and choose 'Edit in Photoshop'. After you have edited them, use 'Save' (not 'Save as') for each of them. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do appreciate the help! The only thing is that I'm able to do this 1 image at a time, however I haven't figured out how to select multiple images in Lightroom classic and export them all at the same time to PS?  Essentially I want to get say 50 images all at once into PS, then I'll run an action on these images in PS and want to bri g them back to LR classic. Any way that's possible ? Thank you so much for your help and time! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are using Lightroom Classic, not Lightroom (cloud)? It sure sounds like you are using the latter. Go to Help - System Info and look at the version number and other info. Tell us what it says.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep 100% sure it's LR Classic. If I select several images (click on one and then shift and click to select more) and then go to photo --> Edit in --> Photoshop, then only the first selected image opens in Photoshop. 

Am I selecting the images wrong? Should I do this in a different way?

thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0