Highlighted

Picture becomes brighter when mouse hovers

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an annoying problem. When I hover with the mouse over a picture in develop mode the picture becomes slightly brighter. However, sometimes it gets darker. This also affects the background (grey in my case). Only restarting LrC helps.

Aynone knows what the problem is?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Picture becomes brighter when mouse hovers

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an annoying problem. When I hover with the mouse over a picture in develop mode the picture becomes slightly brighter. However, sometimes it gets darker. This also affects the background (grey in my case). Only restarting LrC helps.

Aynone knows what the problem is?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Past that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

davidg36166309_0-1598645427819.png

davidg36166309_1-1598645427820.png

davidg36166309_2-1598645427820.png

Just another Adobe customer; My Sys; APP: LRC 10.0, PS 22.0; CMP: WIN WS 16GB OS 10 v1909 (18363), mid 2015 MBPr 15” 16GB MACOS 10.15.7; 4K EXT DSPY; CAM: Canon 5D Mk III, Fuji X-T3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling GPU in preferences, any difference? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 1
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for your answers, I appreaciate it. Indeed, disabling GPU acceleration seems to solve the issue (LrC-->preferences-->performance-->Use Graphics Processor "Off"). I'm using a MBP 2015 15" without dedicated graphics. So it might be the setting caused the problem then because there is no dedicated card to address?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your MacBook Pro doens't have a dedicated video processor, then best you switch off GPU as it will reduce rather than improve performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 1