• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets not showing up in the Lightroom Classic after import

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running lightroom classic 9.1 release on macOS mojave.

Today I downloaded some presets, they were in .xmp format.

I firstly tried to move them to the settings folder in the CameraRaw folder and restart LR but they didn't show up.

I then tried to import them by going to File > import develop profiles and presets > selecting all my .xmp files and restarting LR. They still didn't show.

I then tried to reset all the presets by going to Preferences > presets > clicking all the restore options and then repeating the import steps but a message popped up telling me the presets were already imported.

I then uninstalled LR, making sure not to save any preferences and deleting any files related to LR and reinstalling it. I tried importing the presets again but the same message appeared telling me they were already imported.

The last thing I did was again try to manually move the .xmp files to the settings folder in the CameraRaw folder but they still didn't show up.

I'm following the correct steps for preset installation but they just won't show up.

Anyone got any suggestions?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Thanks to everyone for replying so quickly.

It seems that when I imported and image this caused all of the presets to appear.

Apologies to everyone if this seemed like an obvious solution, I have been using light room CC up until now so I am still familiarising myself with the classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These .xmp files may be "creative profiles" rather than presets. So check Develop's profile browser to see if that's where they're appearing: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/camera-profiles/

If there's not showing up in the profile browser, attach one of the .xmp files to your reply here and we can verify that it's not a problem with the file itself. To attach a file here: After posting the reply, click More > Edit Reply at the bottom of the reply. Then click the little paperclip icon in the lower-left corner of the reply box. Then click Apply Edits.

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in the profiles and they weren't there either. Here's one of the .xmp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom Classic.

Are you trying to check for the Presets in the Develop module with a RAW file selected? Please go to the Preferences for Lightroom, then Presets and check the option to Show Partially Compatible Develop Presets and then relaunch Lightroom to check if that helps. 

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not really sure what happened but all the presets are now appearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you have clicked on the + symbol in the preset panel, selected Manage, and turned on visibility of any that exist but not showing up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the + symbol I'm, assuming you mean this one:Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 7.21.31 PM.png

Cause if you do I can't actually click on it, do you know why this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And you have clicked on the + symbol in the preset panel, selected Manage, and turned on visibility of any that exist but not showing up?"

Try this first -- it's easy and a likely cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone for replying so quickly.

It seems that when I imported and image this caused all of the presets to appear.

Apologies to everyone if this seemed like an obvious solution, I have been using light room CC up until now so I am still familiarising myself with the classic version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue after reinstalling lightroom classic on a new computer and copying over the presets. Your solution of importing a photo first worked! Suddenly all my presets, favorites, etc appear. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it resolved.

"It seems that when I imported an image this caused all of the presets to appear."

Normally, presets will appear in the Presets panel whether or not any image is selected and displaying in Develop.  It's a minor bug if they weren't showing up on an empty catalog.

There's another minor bug where the Presets panel's "+" button is greyed out and unclickable if you don't have an image selected, which is probably why you couldn't click it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same sort of problem mate. Non of my presets are not showing up, nor is the plus symbol highlighted. I can't do anything!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an image selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem since I upgraded my computer. How did you solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines