• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Even Margins on all sides through Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to print a 4x6 portrait with 1/8 in margins on all sides. I set the cell size to 5.74 in height and 3.74 in width and all margins to 0.13 in. The print has the left and right margin at 1/8 in, but the top and bottom margin are 0.19 in. Why is that? I tried to set the top and bottom margins to 0.11, but the Print Module won't let me set the bottom margin to 0.11. How do I choose margin settings to get prints with the same width margins?

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

As you're trying to print even margins on all the sides, could you please have a look at a similar conversation here and let us know if it helps? https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/print-even-margins.30391/ 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printers have a non-printable area (hardware margin, if you prefer) which are set in the driver and that are added to your margins. These hardware margins are not equal on each borders.

You can set the printer to print borderless, but you loose part of the image since the printer will print a bit outside of the paper (to be sure to cover all the paper).

To avoid this problem of image being cropped, I've the created a print template in which I've added these hardware margins and that print borderless. To determine the hardware margins, I've printed a test image (on which I've drown a vertical and a horizontal line) borderless. I've mesured the lines on the paper and their length differences with the lines in the image gave me the hardware margins. Using this template, I can print borderless without the image being cropped by the printer.

You could use a similar technique, but instead of setting the hardware margins in the template, set the hardware margins plus your own margin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell you why that happens. I use a Canon Pixma Pro 100, and when I try to set precise margins on some print sizes the printer doesn't always print them precisely as I expect them to be printed. So I have found it necessary to create print templates to compensate for what I consider to be "printer error" for those print sizes that I know won't be precise, and when I print those sizes I have to make sure to use those templates. That way I don't ask why, I just assume, "just because" and apply the template and get the results I'm expecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had a lot of experience with different printers, and I suspect every printer behaves a bit differently. I have found that with my printer I find it best even though I am printing with a border that I need to choose the borderless option in the printer driver setup, and then go ahead and set my margins in Lightroom. Don't know why it works better that way, but in my case it does. Probably senseless information to provide, but there it is anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same printer and I started doing the same thing. so far im getting the results I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines