• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swp files remaining

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, LRC is leaving some .swp files after an "update DNG preview & metadata" operation that was apparently freezing and that I stopped... I redo the operation successfully later but swp files are still there ; is it safe to erase them ? 

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

I personally have never seen a file with that extension except in the Windows folder or IIRC on the ROOT of my System drive and that was for the Windows Swap File that it use to use.

I think you can just Delete it as if it was created by LrC at some point when you Stopped whatever LrC was doing that file just got left over. If that process had completed LrC would of deleted that .swp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen shot of what you are asking about. Of whatever you think LrC left behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a file named xxx.swp in the same folder where the xxx.dng file is located and where I run the update dng... command on it (on all files in the whole folder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally have never seen a file with that extension except in the Windows folder or IIRC on the ROOT of my System drive and that was for the Windows Swap File that it use to use.

I think you can just Delete it as if it was created by LrC at some point when you Stopped whatever LrC was doing that file just got left over. If that process had completed LrC would of deleted that .swp file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok deleted, restarted and everything seems to be ok, this seems to be just a temporary files wich should had been deleted if the lrc command was correctly ended...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines