• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top quarter of image not showing

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI- when opening an image in Develop, the top quarter is a white background with info abouit the file name, date, pixels. the top quarter of the image is missing. I cannot find a method to remove that so I can edit (and see) the whole image. I see the whole image oin Library.

Hope somone can help.

Thanks in advance.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Let me guess! You are using Lightroom v6 or earlier (Perpetual) on a Mac with Catalina or Big Sur OS?

The 'white panel' is the Info data that can be toggled by repeatedly pressing keyboard [i].

This symptom is being reported in forums along with Maps and Face Detection that are failing in 'old' versions of Lr.

v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me guess! You are using Lightroom v6 or earlier (Perpetual) on a Mac with Catalina or Big Sur OS?

The 'white panel' is the Info data that can be toggled by repeatedly pressing keyboard [i].

This symptom is being reported in forums along with Maps and Face Detection that are failing in 'old' versions of Lr.

v6 is Falling Apart- Petapixel article

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, the solution proposed by WobertC worked. 

It was a prompt reply and I am thankful to receive it. I never woulkd have thought of that solution - it must be a bug in the program.

Great that there are people like WobertC to help us with the editing problems.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem is 'solved' for you, good! but, not a 'Bug'. It is simply that the 'new' operating systems are now showing incompatibilities with the 'old' software.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines