• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to enter Lightroom 6 Serial Number

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a CC plan for a separate product (Premiere) and have a serial number for Lightroom 6.

I have followed the directions on this page How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6 and created a new Adobe ID just for Lightroom. However, when I sign into Lightroom with the new ID, I still do not get prompted to enter a serial number and instead receive the message that there are no plans associated with this ID.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Hey Michael, this is another way to get the same LR6 standalone installer:

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials

Just make sure to follow the download instructions given there. Also, keep in mind that Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 share the exact same installer. So you need to follow the directions on the help page you posted at the very top (and repeated below) for how to convert one to the other.

As far as updates, Adobe has said there will be no further updates for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download LR6 and install

kglad links in reply #1 here https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2413580

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!

I originally had LR6 installed. When I purchased and installed Premiere, it replaced LR6 with LRCC.

My concern is the Creative Cloud background app will at some point "update" LR6 again. Will it do the same thing again once there are updates for Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link kglad provides for LR6 doesn't provide a link to download the installer. Do you have a link to the installer for LR6 single-user, non-CC? And what will stop the CC updating process from updating that again to CC, for which I don't have a license in Lightroom, but do have a license in Premiere?

Thank you.

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Michael, this is another way to get the same LR6 standalone installer:

Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links – Free Trials

Just make sure to follow the download instructions given there. Also, keep in mind that Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6 share the exact same installer. So you need to follow the directions on the help page you posted at the very top (and repeated below) for how to convert one to the other.

As far as updates, Adobe has said there will be no further updates for LR6 (also mentioned in the page below).

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial version to licensed Lightroom 6 copy

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Did you resolve the problem? How did you that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

your link just jumps to a page with questions and answers, but the link how to serialize lightroom 6 is not available anymore. This is where I land, when following your link: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/lightroom-classic.html Thanks for some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"your link just jumps to a page with questions and answers, but the link how to serialize lightroom 6 is not available anymore. This is where I land, when following your link: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/lightroom-classic.html"

In their zeal to erase LR 6 from history, Adobe deleted that help page (shame on them).  You can access it here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160323095530/https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-...

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck there either...link is not archived in the wayback machine 😞 Adobe just drives me nuts...have been trying a day now to upgrade to Lightroom 6. They really try hard to erase all desktop versions without CC from the internet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The stupid forum software added a blank to the end of the URL.  This one works:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180904002115/https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/serialize-lightroom-...

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this one worked 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines