Highlighted

VRAM Memory Leak Still Not Fixed

Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been months now and this issue is still causing so many problems. 

Within minutes of opening Lr Classic and doing anything (grid, Develop, etc), all available VRAM will be consumed and most computers will become unusable if any other apps are opened which need to use the GPU.
People are increasingly complaining about Lr and system performance and this is the primary issue which is contributing.
Here's a SS showing what happens within a few seconds after you open Lr and develop a single image using only the basic sliders.

Does no one at Adobe care about this bug?
LRGPU.jpg

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VRAM Memory Leak Still Not Fixed

Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been months now and this issue is still causing so many problems. 

Within minutes of opening Lr Classic and doing anything (grid, Develop, etc), all available VRAM will be consumed and most computers will become unusable if any other apps are opened which need to use the GPU.
People are increasingly complaining about Lr and system performance and this is the primary issue which is contributing.
Here's a SS showing what happens within a few seconds after you open Lr and develop a single image using only the basic sliders.

Does no one at Adobe care about this bug?
LRGPU.jpg

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
D_Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I got the chance to check this with the 5GB Quadro P2000.

Here's with Photoshop open, working on a number of big files:

GPU1b.png

And here I launch Lightroom and start working:

GPU2b.png

So no problem here. Lightroom uses an additional 0.5 GB VRAM and stays there. Actually I'm surprised it didn't use more. The picture is pretty similar to what I got with the 2GB P600, but with less total VRAM the graph looked more dramatic.

In the OP's case, I suspect a buggy driver, or possibly plugins/extensions if he has any.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines