Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuous Pro Small Pressure sensitivity With LR Classic CC on Win 10

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

I have a Win10 system running Adobe Lightroom classic CC release 9.1 and Wacom intuous pro small.

Drivers on the Wacom tablet is up to date.

When i enable Windows ink i can use the pen to move the sliders easily and with no issue, however this messes up the pressure sensitivity in LR.

when i disable Windows ink, the sliders are all messed up and does not respond at all, and pressure sensitivity is a bit better "but not smooth at all specially when you lift the pen".

Any idea how to resolve this issue? i have disabled all relevant pen settings in Win10 already.

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Wacom pressure sensitivity is not working as expected with Lightroom Classic 9.1 with the Windows Ink enabled in tablet properties. 

Please check that you have the latest version of the tablet drivers installed. Also, could you please try turning off the GPU option from Lightroom's preferences? Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom and let us know if it helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I did change the setting but still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem. I tried all the points that you do without any success.

In the official bug forum I found this entry:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/no-pressure-sensitivity-in-lr9-for-wacom-intu...

An Adobe employee has tested this and it seems that has worked for him.

Please post your problem there. I'll do the same. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for any updates for your Wacom intros pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Windows 10 (1909) and Lightroom classic 9.1. The system is up-to-date.

I used the latest version of the tablet driver (6.3.38-2)

Check or uncheck the option "Use Graphics Processor" doesn't make no difference.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would  contact Wacom explain to them what the problem is and they should be able to help you sort the problem out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did.

They refered me to Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes,

based on Wacom Desktop Center i am running the latest driver which is 6.3.38-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - does anyone know if there is a fix? 
I've emailed Wacom and they told me to go to Adobe - I'm going round and round in circles trying to find a solution. The worst thing is I bought my Wacom Intuos Pro (medium) specifically to use the pen pressure in Lightroom (adjustment brush) and this is the one thing that doesn't work. I'm running Windows 10 and all of my updates (Windows and Wacom) are current.
AAAAAhhhhhh Adobe - please help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the latest Wacoms diver and lightroom 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I know that your post is from 2020 but I have the same issue (can't activate the pressure in lightroom)....and I'd like to know if you resolved your problem...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I don't have solved the problem. I work with Windows 10 (21H1) and Lightroom classic 11.01. The system is up-to-date. I used the latest version of the tablet driver (6.3.44-3)

But I've heard that the pen pressure is working for some users. It also seems that only Windows users are affected.

At the moment I gave up because I can live without the pen pressure function, because I use Photoshop to make fine tuning to my images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer! Same for me, I will do the fine adjustments in PS. But I would have liked to use it in LR too...In PS it works fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I do have the same issue as you guys (using wacom tablet). This problem seems to last forever (checked multipule forums) and I doubt this tablet works for anyone in LR. What about 3rd party brands? Like Huion e.g ? Has anyone tried other brands? Curious if the problem persists throught all of them. Im thinking of returning my wacom tablet and buying something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just have found out it's not really wacom itself, all other tablets are not working well in LR on WIN. So weird that photoshop's camera raw doesn't have any issues with it but LR has. Has to be something with this stupid Windows INK since on MAC problem does not exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines