• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is stored in appdata/local/adobe/lightroom cc/data/..../originals?

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through my hard drive and I realize that this folder has a significant footprint (~100GB) and appears to have full-size copies of raw images from my catalog. As the source images are on the same disk, I do not see a need to cache these images at full-resolution. Any ideas as to what causes these copies? The only plugin I'm using is http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/folder-publisher

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TBMK This maybe the default folder that stores copies of files that are in your Lightroom Mobile device system.

Did you Import these files through the cloud version of Lightroom at any time?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not at all! As stated in a below message, I only opened up LR CC once on my computer (by accident, clicked the wrong icon) and have only imported a single image using the mobile app. I'm just going to remove LR CC and make sure the files get removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC - which is what that path points to - is the online version, not the disk-based Lightroom Classic. You'd probably be better off asking in that forum. It sounds like you've asked the app to store local copies on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So bizarre. While I do have LR CC installed on my computer, I only opened it once by accident and have only imported a single image from mobile to its database. All of my working has been with classic. I'll just chalk this up to "probably something with the plugin" and will uninstall LR CC and remove the files manually if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines