• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera on LR Photo Editor app takes 2 photos

Participant ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Camera function of the LR Photo Editor app on my Iphone, two images are taken in quick succession when using the volume up button as the shutter release. Prior to the recent upgrade, it would take just one, as normal and as expected.

This apparent bug does not occur if I use the shutter release "button" on the screen. It does not happen if I use the volume up button to release the shutter on the iPhone camera app.

It does occur in both the automatic and professional modes of the LR app.

Both images of the pair have the same file format but are taken less than 1 second apart. Each photo is accompanied by the usual fake shutter sound but the first is quiet and the second is much louder. 

LR Photo editor app v9.3.1 on iPhone 13mini ios v 17.4.1

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Could it be that you are holding the volume button slightly too long? It will take pictures in rapid succession if you hold down on the button. Some phone cases make it difficult to feel the difference between enough and not enough pressure. 

...just looked at the video and it seems you didn't touch it too long...

Maybe the case is holding pressre too long. What happens if you take the case off?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening when you capture HDR photos specifically?  And do you have "Keep Original" set in the in-camera options, which saves the middle image of the 3-image bracket for HDR?  This would cause two images to be saved.

If this is not what is happening for you, can you attach a screen recording of the issue so we can see how to reproduce this?  See: https://support.apple.com/en-us/102653 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Charlie.D No, nothing to do with HDR as there is a different behaviour between pressing the side button compared to the screen button. The screen recording shows (1) double photo taken with side button in LR app; (2) single photo taken with screen button in LR app; (3) single photo taken with side button in Apple camera app. Note app set to Auto, not HDR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you are holding the volume button slightly too long? It will take pictures in rapid succession if you hold down on the button. Some phone cases make it difficult to feel the difference between enough and not enough pressure. 

...just looked at the video and it seems you didn't touch it too long...

Maybe the case is holding pressre too long. What happens if you take the case off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't quite believe this. I've had the problem for days and this morning the problem disappeared. You may be correct about the case  @Rick Spaulding -. My original test for this was to compare behaviour to using the volume button on the iPhone camera app. (as seen in the video).  But what I hadn't realised was that holding down the volume on the LR app takes multiple photos whereas holding down the volume on the iPhone camera app doesn't.  So maybe there was a lag in the button release. I've given you the benefit of the doubt and marked your answer as the correct solution 😊. Apologies for the false alarm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! I didin't realize it took multiple pictures that way either. I just decided to try it. Now we both learned something new. 

Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....and holding in the shutter button on the iPhone camera app in "photo" mode shoots video for as long as the button is held! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again! That's another great tip! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines