• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Cloud Based) new 4.0 crop does not work

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, please resolve issue quickly with Lightroom 4.0 crop not working. Thank you, Brian

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

We've been able to reproduce the bug on our end. Thank you for the report and details. 

Workarounds: 

1. Enabling GPU seems to correct the issue.
  2. Moving to the next image and then back again will set the image correctly. 

Note, the distortion is visual only (and annoying!) but doesn't appear to affect the export of the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences.

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.

2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom.

3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.

4. Close Lightroom.

5. Restart Lightroom.

Does the behavior continue after resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what overwrite preferences means.  I saw that on another thread, and couldn’t follow it as it didn’t appear to show the word preferences.  Perhaps, you could  send a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated Lightroom today and having the same issue where it is not saving when I crop or straighten a photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Team, I am assuming you will be refunding all Lightroom subscribers their monthly fee until this basic cropping technical issue is resolved? I feel it is reasonable that such an important issue is resolved within 24 hours? Please advise when I can expect my software to work as promised? Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, I just went back and reverted to the older version.  I think I'll wait to update Adobe products for 3 months or so from now on.  Maybe that will give them time to get the bugs out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to the latest version, any crop or straightening edits are not applied when exiting crop mode

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 on desktop computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update the search function stall when trying to sort pictures after F-stop, Shutter speed etc. Big frustration which adds to the frustration over faulty crop function. Urgent need for fixes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using the Crop tool, I'm told that pressing Enter or Return (I'm on a W10 machine with a Lightroom Desktop subscription) will accept the crop or straightening that has been done.

However, frustratingly, it does not. Pressing Enter simply reverts the photo back to its original state. I suepct it's a setting I need to change, because the problem happens in two instances.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you might be hitting this bug: Lightroom Desktop (Cloud Based) new 4.0 crop does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria is correct. I'll merge your post with the other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk

Thank you for this workaround. How does one "enable the GPU"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is found in Preferences>Performance

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom on my windows 10 laptop. Since about a month ago I've had a problem with the Crop function:

I can crop my pictures, but when I go back to Edit mode, only the uncropped version of the picture is shown, the crop I just did is reset.

The only workaround that I have found is to shut lightroom down, while I am still in the crop mode. Then when I restart the program, the picture appears in the cropped version, and I can continue to Edit the picture.

I believe the problem started after an update of Lightroom, there were some changes to the Crop function in the new updated version. Among the changes was the Lock function.

Please advice on what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an authoritative thread for better tracking and response. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, props to Rikk for trying to help everyone, it is much appreciated. This is not directed towards any specific staff, as we know it is out of their control. This is only towards Adobe as a corporation.

These problems have been going on since October, minimum, but I have found basic features missing or broken dating back YEARS in the forums, never mind a few months. It's not just "crop" either, it's also ironically GPU Acceleration, it completely errors out when you check under performance directly after using CROP. This still happens regardless of installing developer GPU updates for my 2080ti. I've reinstalled every single Adobe program, especially Lightroom Classic - though I'm scared to death it's going to "be an Adobe" and delete everything due to it's unfathomable clunkyness. I even reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (for other reasons), and to no avail, same issues - it's 100% Adobe.

Lightroom Classic has been broken in general for at least 4-5 months now and it feels incredibly awful to run on a 64 gig, 9900k, 2080ti machine regardless of suggested option-optimizations; it's extremely and beyond frustrating. Being broken doesn't stop with the cropping, optimization, or GPU issues either, it's cloud based issues, losing files, not syncing settings/raw files across all devices properly. I can't even get this to work and I'm a Network Administrator that builds computers and does pro-photography for living. Either way, it doesn't matter, all we want right now is for cropping and GPU Acceleration to work properly as a minimum, basics. Just please, stop pushing clunky updates that further clunk-up Lightroom Classic, it's already extremely unoptimized and buggy beyond comprehension. To be blunt and honest here, we feel that Adobe is facing massive complacency-syndrome due to their monopolized market --- it is incredibly unfortunate to witness.

Lastly, I just have to say that this is absolutely mind blowing. These issues are repeated over and over with no changes or improvements. It  has gotten so bad that I went out of my way to make an account today just to write all of this. We are paying an absurdly archaic monthly cost for basic features like "crop", to still be unusable in 2021 because Adobe doesn't want to modernize their platform nor pricing, and no one cares enough to refund or halt charging in the meantime for their massive mistakes ---- there's NO accountability here. It's disheartening, and extremely clear these major issues are not top priority at Adobe - maybe for compartmentalized staff like Rikk, but not overall where it needs to be, clearly. It seems that instead of a larger budget going to fixes/issues to improve what they already have, it is instead going into splitting their software programs and creating side-project programs so that people have to purchase multiple monthly subscriptions just to get "ALL FEATURES" when they should be all in one; an immediate example of this is Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC. In short, we can't use basic options like resolutions/formats unless you have Lightroom Classic, but you don't get the same cloud access or optimization/modern-functionality as Lightroom CC. The blatant, common sense solution is to MERGE THEM into an all in one superior application. However, it is clear that they want people to pay more for basic features across multiple applications offered.

We are at a complete loss over here, astounded by the lack of support and efficiency, and no one enjoys contacting support because 90% of them don't understand English or English language nuances making the whole process horrible - no offense, but this is just Adobe being cheap by outsourcing, not the employees fault. If there were other options that were more similar to adobe (I've tried them all, believe me) with the same large ecosystem, we would be GONE immediately. I digress, it's only a matter of time until someone with drive and passion offers a better all in one solution, and we are looking forward to it more than ever. No more excuses guys, fix the problem or you will drive everyone away from your platform; I'm literally looking right now to see who has updated their applications. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate