• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (iOS) Error: T20200124 - Forced Edit Reset on an image

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the error pictured below on files imported onto my iOS version of lightroom.

iOS version: 17.3.1 (current)

lightroom mobile version: 9.2 (current)

I've replicated the issue multiple times and been fighting it for about a month now

1. Import ARW files from camera via SD card into the lightning cable 

2. Lightroom automatically converts them from ARW to DNG. 

3. Edit photo 1, edit photo 2, edit photo 3 

4. Press back to gallery & compare white/black points & colours across multiple photos 

5. Tap back into any of the above photos to make adjustments and voila - Error T20200124

photo_2024-03-07_16-36-52.jpg

Error: T20200124

"You can only continue editing this photo buy resetting all edits" 

Reset button proceeds to fail - I can see it animating as though I've tapped it, but nothing happens. Photo does not reset. 

It seems to be occuring because I've edited the photo BEFORE it's original file ~20MB (approx) has uploaded to the cloud. When I tap back into the photo lightroom is trying to pull an incomplete or nonexistent original from the cloud with edits and then craps itself? Why would it do that if the file is not fully uploaded AND is stored locally? 

I've tried clearing my lightroom on-device cache to no avail 

The only workaround I've found is to 

1. Delete affected photos from "my photos" 

2. Go to deleted items & restore the affected photos 

3. When I go back to edit them, I still get the same error, but at least now the reset button works 

4. WAIT FOR AN INCREDIBLY LONG TIME for the photos to upload - sometimes this gets jammed and I have to delete, permanently delete, and then re-import 

5. Go to versions and restore my previous edit 

6. Export finally 

Is it me or did lightroom uploads slow down considerably?

I'm constantly on 5G or enterprise level WIFI and sync speed was not an issue until about 6 weeks ago? 

More notes: 

When I go to lightroom's web interface there's a section of photos that pop up under "Sync issues" that includes the files that haven't uploaded fully (with no smart previews which makes them even harder to identify). Usually they get stuck uploading and then nothing really works. Edits get jammed with this error etc, it's a vicious bloody cycle & making me want to terminate my subscription. 

It's so frustrating! And there's no documentation on what this error code is? 

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Update: 04/26/2024

Developers are working on a solution for the next app release. 

In the meantime, we have some workaround advice to share.  Making a minor edit should unblock sync.  Since this T20200124 error blocks editing in full-screen mode, one must apply edits via grid view via copy/paste.

Steps:

1.  APPLY A MINOR EDIT:  Open an image and nudge a mild edit setting like Texture or Grain to a setting of +1.  (We recommend trying a mild edit feature you rarely use to avoid changing

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
49 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming! Hopefully the issue can be resolved! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming thsi is a knonw bug. I am also experiencng this issue and would be interested to see a plan of resolution.

Also woudl be good to understand if you are working on "prevebnting a recurrence" or also "fixing the existing issues".

Essentially do i have to redo my edits or will you fix the corruption issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can we expect this bug to be fixed?

I'm also experiencing this and it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error. Also masking stop working. It's just loading and that's it. Adobe's service now now is awful. I don't know why I'm still paying for for this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it helps to paste development settings from another photo in the grid-view. Unfortunately, I am loosing my already applied settings. 

But better than to download, delete and reupload...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the very same error here, both on my iPad an iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a help, really! I store hundreds of thousands of pictures in LR, I'm really thinking about canceling my subscription because of this error. It's a shame for adobe as we all spend a lot of money in an unsure product that may destroy our work. Please, fix that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely loved Lightroom mobile when they didn't have the cloud and syncing capabilities, now I hate it and consistently having syncing issues.

I always clear my cache in app, and I have enough storage on my device, however, I'm not always in places where my network is terribly strong. There have been countless times, genuinely not exaggerating, where I've been editing and have checked that little cloud in the upper right corner has a check mark, and then I will come back to the photo a couple minutes later and all my edits will be lost.  Sometimes that means losing an hour plus of editing. This happens so frequently that I am tirelessly looking for alternatives - I truly despise this app. What makes it even worse is that, most of the time, it will flash the picture with the edits that I want to use or continue editing on, and then say, "Waiting for settings" due to some issue with it not being downloaded. I have attached a video of said problem (which happened 3 times today!!!! Resulting in me waiting hours for it to download and with no luck so I had to spend more time re-editing the photos.

I have no need for Lightroom sync and it hinders my workflow consistently. I desperately want to continue using Lightroom without destroying my phone in frustration or simply hopping to another app. The only peace I have found is when I pause syncing and edit in airplane mode. Unfortunately, that's still causes me problems as not all the photos have been properly downloaded and it also makes the app very slow, but my edits never delete thankfully. Is there any way to completely shut off cloud, sync, and any Internet capabilities so that I can use the app off-line.

I only want to use the app off-line. Let me repeat that. I only want to use the app off-line because it is horrible otherwise.

I've seen all the different answers in various forums and none of them work for me. None of them are consistent solutions. Any developers that see this you can try to convince me, however, you will find to be more effective if you simply let me know how to use the app, completely off-line - devoid of any syncing - so that my workflow is no longer interrupted and my feelings remain positive. I use Lightroom on my computer, completely off-line as well. I have no need for any syncing abilities. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I synced some libraries from LrC with my iPad and edited or twaeked some files (Smart Previews actually) on the go. It was a usefull way of work but it's nearly impossible anymore. 

"Waiting for settings" issue - collectio synced and locally downloaded on iPad but it's not possible to edit any photo, I got a message "Waiting for settings from MacBookPro... " but these setiings just not uptated. Thius is a new issue for me but I fount that it's common bug.

"Metadata issue - I used a trick (changing a settings of images a bit on LrC on MacBook) to force the synk, it works but... I immediatelly got "metadata error", so any images are not syncing again. I faced this issue a lot of times

Maybe it's possible to force sycn again with "Rebuild Sync Data" trich but it will take hours to rebuld and reupload all previews and will broke again very soon

I think the fixing of these issues is more important than additng new features 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the exact same issue on my Ipad, while travelling - thankfully not on a job - and 5 days later I still cannot fix it. I hope this will be fixed very soon, as I very often have to shoot edit and send pics live on an event. This is very hard to explain to a client you cannot deliver when they are paying extra for live delivery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had exactly this issue for two months now. I used my iPad to edit on the go for over two years with not a single syncing issue, now it's almost impossible to use this cloud version. I'm getting 'waiting for settings' all the time, I then loose all the extensive edits I've done. I try to edit locally and half the photos won't even allow me to open and edit, just nothing. 

I've reported this multiple times now, Adobe what is being done??????? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @jennifers1602225 

The team is investigating this, but as much as it may surprise you our team is having trouble reproducing this in-house for debugging.  I sent you a direct message on Apr 19 asking for specific info.  I also requested a diagnostic log.

It seems the theme is that this error happens when images are edited before they are uploaded, and we're still working along those lines.  Was that your experience as well?

What info would help from you and other users on this thread:

• Can you describe your workflow in detailed steps that caused this error? 
  • Can you confirm you made edits on photos before they uploaded?
  • What kinds of images are you trying to import? (camera make & model, image file size)
  • Are you importing from the camera roll, or attached SD card? 
  • Is the LR app online or offline during import? 
  • Do you recall any other significant details.  Any info may help

The private message I sent also includes steps to send us a diagnostic log -- it would help if you can do that.

Thanks for any info you can share

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, i have a number of photos that show error code T20200124, after I uploaded them via iphone. They don't synch with other devices after the error. 

The reset button next to the error was grayed out, after a while it's available and when i hit reset it's taking forever "uploading". Been like that for 10 mins and nothing happens.

-I tried deleting from All-photos in iphone lightroom, restoring from deleted files and the photo is now showing fine, no error (lost all edits thou). The photo is now synched across devices too. Workaround works

This is a pain when i see that the number of photos in an album in my ipad does not synch with those in my iphone, and have to go 1 by 1 in my iphone to find the ones in error and apply the workaround for each. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks for your mail, I don’t seem to have received the prior one.

I’ve had so much trouble, and so much time wasted just trying to do my daily work, I’m a wedding photographer.

The issue with the T20200124 I’ve had about five to ten times but I seem to have minimised this now, the greater problem is general syncing. I’m very regularly getting a message saying ‘Waiting for settings to download form iPad and a date/time’ it doesn’t end up loading however long I wait, so the edits are lost. I can spend an hour on one bridal photo with really tricky cloning, then all lost, I’m losing the love for my work. I’m almost at the stage of switching to purely classic, which is such a shame as I like to edit on my iPad, it’s quicker and easier…. It seems to be the mobile version that has the problem.

So….. the images were uploaded to the cloud before edit, the whole gallery each time, I edited, saved as a jpeg, even checked on the web version to ensure saved, a day later I go back to the gallery on the iPad to review edits, the odd one won’t open….. waiting for settings.

I’ve since gone back to older edits, two years ago and the same is happening, random photos …. Won’t open, waiting settings.

I use Nikon Z6, I load from am XQD card via a card reader, the images are raw either wedding or landscape, or macro photos, there doesn’t seem to be a pattern in what won’t load…

I don’t know how to do your diagnostic log, not sure I’ve time as I’m having such a hard time trying to work right now….

I hope this may help
Jen

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_9987.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here too. I edit on my iPad and it's made my workflow a nightmare. I spent hours the other night editing a batch of photos to find a huge number of them with the same error. I had to wipe my edits and start again. I'm still experiencing it now. Sometimes it happens if I edit a photo, leave it and come back and my edits won't sync and I get the error. But I've noticed going back to old photos I edited a while ago it produces the error too. I'm scared to edit or open older photos now for fear that I lose the sync edits on them. I'm frustrated because I'm paying for this software and I'm forced to use the cloud utility which is money wasted when I cannot work with it. It's disheartening to see that adobe can't even replicate the issue, yet there's an error code coded for sync issues. Surely there is logging for this. I won't be using the software now until it's fixed and if it persist any longer I'll be cancelling my subscription during that time

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4/28/2024

also still having this issue and it is extremely frustrating when trying to deliver galleries to client in a timely manner and maintain a business. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new lightroom user as of March 2024 and have had this problem from the get go. Very devestating as I was using it for my first paid photoshoot and basically lost all all 18 hours of my editing. Please fix this as soon as possible it is a nightmare. I will be looking into other editing softwares- incredibly dissapointing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Pressing reset button then the edit button shows the Open button bottom right of the image - open image clears the issue.  This is a huge pain when you when downloading a few hundred images form a shoot and you have to go to every image to find out which one needed resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works for me - Ipad. 1. Tap Reset. Ignore lack of tesponse. 2. Tap "i" (info). 3. Now you can tap versions 4. Tap original and "Apply".  Image is now wditable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have lost the edit though or retained? So much lost time... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A later version might work - depends on the point at which the bug struck. Worth a try, but I have only gone to "original". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As my internet connection couldn't upload all the pictures (almost 1000 and bad connection..), I've started to edit pictures and then, this error T20200124 appeard to my workflow this morning.

I will try to upload all the pictures to the Cloud before modifying pictures again to see if this error appear again. It need to be confirmed, but I'm pretty sure that error comme from that.

I need that Adobe fix it, it's very annoyingwwhen you need to edit your pictures directly after the shooting and you've not internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have the latest version for iPad. It appears to be reasonably random but think it occurs with cropping. Reset is easy to do but finding those images that are affected is a pain - have to open every image to check before uploading to Photos or a file on the pc.
Mike
Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate