• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop Keeps saying 'Unable to Connect to Network'

LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to switch to Lightroom CC but I keep getting 'Unable to Connect to Network' in sync status. If I restart the application it might work for 50-60 photos and then returns to this error message. I'm trying to sync ~12K mobile photos before another 40K RAW images so obviously need to be able to let this run in the background and over night. Have tried restarting the computer as well to no luck.

Any other suggestions on what I can try?

Setup 

• Home computer
  • Windows 10 Desktop
  • Wifi Connection (verified internet is working)
  • Selected option to store original files on a NAS (synology, used a mapped drive)

Lightroom version: 3.0 [ 20191017-0835-b386176 ] (Oct 17 2019)
NGL Version: 1.11.0.8
Operating system: Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0 [18362]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Computer model: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS PRO WIFI / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor             
Logical processor count: 16
Processor speed: 3.5 GHz
Built-in memory: 32717.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 32717.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 940.1 MB (2.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1770.9 MB
Memory cache size: 1752.1 MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 12.0 [ 321 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 9
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 16358MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 0MB / 32717MB (0%)
System DPI setting: 144 DPI (high DPI mode)
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 3840x2160
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (26.21.14.3170) - 8 GB
Graphics Processor Detail: loaded: Yes, supported: Yes, compute: Yes, init: I4_GPU3, hard: success, soft: success, wl: Yes, bl: No
OS Media Capability: true

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
Settings Folder: C:\Users\adam\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom CC

-Adam

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Additional fixes for this issue have been deployed over the past several releases. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend your starting a new thread with fresh information. We are marking this thread as completed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 218 Replies 218
218 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine still doesn’t work. I have never found a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Lightroom version 5.3 on my Mac running macOS Monterey version 12.3.1. I have run Creative Cloud and allowed it to do all of the latest updates to Lightroom, Photoshop and Camera Raw. When I launch LightRoom I still receive "Can't connect to the server. Lightroom is having trouble connecting to the server. Please try again later." Then it immedately closes after a couple of seconds. I have no opportunity to look at settings or anything in the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my man!!! Thank you so much for sharing this, it solved my problem!

I had a spinning "obtaining" in my admin username priviliges inside "Get info" for Pictures folder.  So I removed that user and readded the administrator with read/write privileges and clicked on the circled three dots just down below to apply to all folder included elements et voila! Worked for me right away!

It is weird that Lightroom (CC in my case) cannot output the error message about inconsistencies in Picture folder privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my man!! Thank you for sharing this!

I am running Lightroom CC 5.3 on Big Sur and had the same "Unable to connect server" message.

I checked my Picture folder Privileges and noticed that for my admin username  I had a spinning circle saying "obtainig" instead of read/write. So I deleted that username and added it again setting privileges to Read/Write and applying to all files and folders contained (by clicking the circled three dots just down below). Lightroom got back working right away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! Thank you so so much. Been trying to fix this for 2 days with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having the same issue I uninstall the software I even installed and lower version and I'm still getting the same issue can't connect to server. This all happened after I deleted the pictures in one bit Lightroom folders because for some reason I am unable to delete it any pictures in Lightroom and my memory is full. So after I cleared my memory the software won't work no more I need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I can't work with the Lightroom because it's always telling me that the program can't connect to the server, I had already seen others complaining about the same error and try a lot of the sugestions that were made here in the forum, but nothing works out. I'm using it in the Macof my company with the lightroom latest version and our IT department also can not fixed it.
What can I do? This is the only program from the Creative Cloud that's making this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and check privilege for your pictures folder or folder where you have LR catalogue (right click > get info or commmand+i on folder).

See 2 posts above..

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got anti virus protecting your home drive… that’s what was doing it for me, and nothing to do with “network”. As soon as I gave Adobe access to my home drive it started working. Not a good error from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I switched cameras and started using much smaller files and took most of my work out of Lightroom, the program worked fine. I had to turn sleep off and keep my catalog very small. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Lightroom CC  (NOT CLASSIC) is doing this to me. In case anyone actually uses that. I do. Seems no one else i know does. 

I get the message in a modal dialog that closes the app when I click OK. So, no, this is not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried to access Lightroom and I'm getting this same error. Have restarted and tried logging in and out but with no luck. Does anyonone have a fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never been able to get mine to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First posted this in April..

I had this problem some time ago. For me there was a specific cause in that the Pictures folder on my mac was read only so that Lightroom was unable to write it's library file there. Once I gave Lightroom permissin to write there the issue was solved. It would be nice if one could specify the location of this file but it seems you can't. Also this error message can be very misleading as for me had nothing to do with network problems.
Hope this helps it seems to have fixed the problem for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional fixes for this issue have been deployed over the past several releases. If you are experiencing this issue, we recommend your starting a new thread with fresh information. We are marking this thread as completed. 

Thanks for your help. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded photoshop and lightroom today. It tells me... can't connect to server. (cursing removed)  [What] is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck. I finally gave up and uninstalled it from my Mac and canceled my subscription after never being able to get it to work for well over a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me! thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate