• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: mobile: Store locally does not work anymore (iOS)

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

The "store locally" function on iOS seems to be not working anymore.

The only way to get the counter increasing is by manually "load" a picture by opening it.

I have enough space on my devices, rebooted the apps, devices and tried on different networks. Any others having this issue?

Kr,

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
63 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it pulling in 0 images or is it stalling somewhere along the way?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pulling in 0 unless I manually open and load an image, then the counter increments. So if I want to download all the images of an album, I have tu load them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to reproduce. I tried about a half dozen albums from 30 - 300 images each and it pulls them all down without having to manually manipulate.  Have you restarted your device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, both app and both devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s a video of the issue. First a Speedtest just FYI (around 15 MB/s)

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0hJxE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the video.  I see you've been to Hraunfoss!

I tried duplicating your actions on my iPad and am not able to see what you are seeing. I am going to ask an engineer to step in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* I have, it was awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Only Download Smart Preview" - enable when you open up Lr Mobile settings -> Cloud Storage&Sync? Does this occur to all of your albums? - Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue actually after upgrading to 2 new devices and iOS 12. In my case, it runs for about half of an album (1081/2036) and then stalls. It actually appears to stall in the same place on both devices which also seems suspect. 

I tried to unmark "store locally", clear all caches, uninstalled LR, reinstalled and problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I do have "download smart previews" selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a little progress, one of my other albums wasn't syncing correctly either, so I started there. I'm using Lightroom Classic on my Mac so I unchecked the "sync with cloud" option, then cleared my local cache on iOS and then re-enabled it on the Mac. When choosing "store locally" on iOS it worked... this fixed it for that album. Maybe this will work for you. Seemed to sync very fast so I doubt that Adobe is clearing your data from the cloud immediately but I can't be sure of course.

For the other album with 2000+ photos, this option didn't work for me, so what I've ended up doing is selecting all of the synced photos and then found a field that I hadn't stored any metadata in (yet). For me it was "Caption", I just typed in a "." and saved the change. This is forcing a re-sync of all my files so it's taking FOREVER but it looks like it might have gotten it unstuck. 1700 files to go... I'll post back if it works or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but it shouldn’t matter as the vast majority of my synced catalog is coming from Classic. It also fails with original files upload from iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice 🙂

As I have many many folders to sync (yes, folders! bluntly duplicated to collections as folders don't sync), I will not try too much to mess with it. It seems to be clear it's a server/app issue so I'll just wait until the problem solves. Let's hope for un update soon as an engineer is looking at it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, so it didn't even fully work for me. It did fix a lot of the images, now I get to 2030/2036 but then it stalls forever again. Also seems like it has a queue, so I can't download other albums once it stalls out for one of them. 

Seems to be clearly a server/app sync issue, but since this is the album I'm trying to work on right now, it's really annoying! Hopefully they can fix it soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems there might have been something messed up about the collection itself, I created another collection with the same name but with a "2" added and then I started moving the photos from one collection to the other. All the syncing completed just fine in the new collection.

So if you're in a pinch, this might work for you as well. Also the process was extremely quick since it doesn't re-upload the files if they were already in the Adobe sync cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up! Any fix on the roadmap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please put my subscription on hold until this is solved ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for the record: I was on the plane lately and could not use the app I am paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pinged the team on this. My iPhone is experiencing the same issue today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so nice that we have to wait until YOU personally have a problem for you to ping the team on our behalf when we've been waiting patiently for feedback over here for TWO MONTHS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t take it bad, but does the issue needs to affect an Official Rep before it is taken seriously?

I had no reply from Ignacio nor on this forum since ages. Is thes really how Adobe treats it’s customrs? Is QC a known issue and will we ever get a Mea Culpa or will this continue forever? (Should I add: as long as the cash flows).

I don’t want want to be rude or whatsoever, but is this really a respectful way to treat customers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine and Troy,

I understand and sympathize with you. We take every report seriously but it is really tough to fix something until we can successfully reproduce it. I've tried reproducing this many times but  unfortunately, it took until now for it to manifest for me.

We are working on it. Thank you for reporting and your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I am experiencing the same issue. I am not sure when it started, but likely it may be somehow connected to ios12 update.
I tried several times to reset the app as well as the whole cloud, but nothing worked.
I hope you'll find a solution soon.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate