• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (MS App Store Version) Message: Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently subscribed to Lightroom and am being met with this error message upon trying to import any images.

'Some photos were not added. Unable to copy file.'

I've seen 2 other posts on here of the same issue but the solutions posted there didn't work.

I'm using windows 10, imported the files from my SD card to my hard drive. I am then trying to import to lightroom from my hard drive.

Thanks in advance

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Greetings, 

Updates for Adobe Photography products began rolling out Tuesday night, August 16th,  The updates contain a fix for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

If you are seeing this error and had downloaded Lightroom from the Microsoft Store, please try installing Lightroom from https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html instead. 

For others, I wonder if you could be running low on disk space? We should be giving proper messaging if so, but that's the current theory I'm trying to run down. You can tell Lightroom to take up less space locally by going to Edit > Preferences > Local Storage and reducing the "photo cache size"LocalStorage.png

I'd appreciat

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 203 Replies 203
202 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you have?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi i just checked and im still on version 5.4. so i guess i havent received the update yet . phewww i have hope now !

Votes

Translate

Translate