• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No network connection, works in Classic

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest Lightroom CC 2.1.1.    On my MacBook Pro 2018 running Mojave (latest), when running Lightroom CC it constantly displays "No network connection" and the cloud icon has an X through it.     Sometime it will start working for a short period and then disconnect again.  
  When using Lightroom CC Classic I have no issues connecting from the same laptop.   I tried different WIFI networks and all have the same behavior, so I don't think it's something specific with the Internet connection.   My iPhone and iPad both running LR CC can connect just fine on the same network.  I'm able to access Lightroom web using Safari without issues and checked the SSL certificates on my laptop.  I have both IPv4 and IPv6 setup on my home network.   Is it possible to find out more information to get some error message to why it is unable to connect?    I'm located in the US (no country-based firewall) and using Comcast Xfinity as my provider.  

I really want to migrate from Lightroom classic CC to the cloud based CC solution, but this is holding me up as a showstopper.   

Any help would be appreciated.

Bug Won't fix
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you update to the latest and see if it still happens? v2.2. just went live yesterday. 

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same issue with the v2.2 release, I updated last night and it didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) CMD , to open up the prefs dialog
2) Hold down ALT and run Mini Report (3 options will appear - pick the report in the middle)
3) Send to byoung @ adobe . com

We can then take a look.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, looking at the report it looks like an SSL certificate issue trying to connect to photos.adobe.io.   I can point my Safari browser to https://photos.adobe.io and it shows the valid SSL certificate issued to Adobe, San Jose CA with the DigiCert root CA. 

If I wait long enough, eventually I find the cloud connection does work and shows in-sync, but then it goes down again later.   I have captured 2 sets of logs, one in the bad state after opening the app, and another log when it finally connected.  

Does Lightroom CC uses the system SSL root CA keychain or has its own trust store? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking more into the SSL certificate issue, I started investigating and found the problem, but we need a solution for users which have a corporate SSL certificate in the system keychain in order to performs SSL inspection.  

It looks like for some reason when making the connection directly from the command line without using safari, our corporate software called "Netskope" is injecting its own SSL certificate in order to do some inspection of the connection.  

I have a root CA for this Netskope certificate into my system keychain, but Adobe must not be using the global Mac system keychain, therefore it does not know about this certificate and therefore shows the SSL connection error.   

From my laptop which has Netskope installed, you can see the injected Netskope SSL certificate: 
# openssl s_client -connect photos.adobe.io:443

CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, ST = California, L = Los Altos, O = netSkope Inc, OU = Cert Management, CN = caadmin.netskope.com, emailAddress = certadmin@netskope.com
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/CN=*.adobe.io
   i:/C=US/ST=California/L=Sunnyvale/O=Juniper Networks/OU=cdd5ca3a4ab2f109a5090147a...
 1 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Sunnyvale/O=Juniper Networks/OU=cdd5ca3a4ab2f109a5090147a...
   i:/C=US/ST=California/L=Los Altos/O=netSkope Inc/OU=Cert Management/CN=caadmin.netskope.com/em...
 2 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=Los Altos/O=netSkope Inc/OU=Cert Management/CN=caadmin.netskope.com/em...
   i:/C=US/ST=California/L=Los Altos/O=netSkope Inc/OU=Cert Management/CN=caadmin.netskope.com/em...
---

From my Mac mini which does not have Netskope, it shows the correct SSL certificate.  

openssl s_client -connect photos.adobe.io:443CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, OU = www.digicert.com, CN = DigiCert Global Root CA
verify return:1
depth=1 C = US, O = DigiCert Inc, CN = DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
depth=0 C = US, ST = California, L = San Jose, O = Adobe Systems Incorporated, CN = adobe.io
---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/C=US/ST=California/L=San Jose/O=Adobe Systems Incorporated/CN=adobe.io
   i:/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/CN=DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
 1 s:/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/CN=DigiCert SHA2 Secure Server CA
   i:/C=US/O=DigiCert Inc/OU=www.digicert.com/CN=DigiCert Global Root CA
---

As a solution, can LR CC be enhanced to also trust other root CA in the Mac system keychain for users which require a corporate SSL forward proxy?

Thanks,
Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to say Christian, it's really refreshing to have such a good troubleshooter posting!! Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's my area of expertise... I'm a network security consultant and have worked in support many years in the past. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your excellent detective work, Christian. We have an open issue for this now. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm wondering why the Lightroom Classic does not see the issue?  Is it using the system-wide SSL certificate store maybe and it was done differently in Lightroom CC?   Any update if this will be fixed in the next release?

Thanks,
Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company provided me the proxy SSL certificate files, is there a folder on the Mac where I can add those certificates so that the Lightroom application uses them?  Or the trust-store cannot be changed? 

Thanks,
Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install this certificate.. I just started having this problem.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any feedback from Adobe tech support team for this issue and this SSL certificate found by @Christian Lambert? Since DAYS I have this 'unable to connect to the server' error message and are no longer able to upload files to the cloud. I am fully frustrating and I am about to cancel my Adobe subscription and start looking for some Adobe`s competitors' solution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too, but what do I do to fix it? Lightroom does not work, but Lightroom CC does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, already reported to the Lightroom team. I don’t use a NAS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched to cc and am experiencing the same periodic disconnect with a local drive. Is there a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. This seems to be a two year old thread so why is it still an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem on a 4 month old Mac Mini. This will soon be a three year old thread so why is it still an issue? The odd thing is that Photoshop and I assume all my other apps works fine. I moved the Apple photo library to an external SSD and was trying to reconnect Lightroom to the new location. It wasn't working so I uninstalled Lightroom and reinstalled it with the assumption that I could reset it during install. Nope. The only reason that I'm paying the monthly Adobe fee is because I really like the way I can organize photos in Lightroom. If I lose that, I'll abandon Adobe. Lightroom works fine from my Windows computer at work. Is this an Apple problem? Shall I abandon Apple?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

I am having this same issue as Christian but I' m not nearly as smart. Has there been a solution for this issued yet? I've tried removing and reinstalling and this hasn't helped one bit. While I have used mt personal MacBook at my work office before I don't do this often. No issues with any other Adobe app other than this but this is the one that I need the most. It does see  to work by the way on my iPhone 13 Pro.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate