• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Cloud Storage Image Gallery & Selective Sync - Lightroom on macOS

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm using Lightroom since 3 years now, but my online storage is close to be full.

In fact, i want all my photo on my local hard disk which is ok, i found them, but i want online only shared album, that's the point non working as i had new pictures to Lightroom it automaticly upload them on the cloud which is resulting slow working (when wifi is weak) and saturing my cloud storage.
When i'm deleting shared album it didn't give me back free space on cloud storage !

2 questions : 

1. How to do to have all pictures only on local storage et only shared album on cloud storage ?

2. How to manage cloud storage with a creative cloud 100 Go account ?

Thanks for answers.

{Thread title updated by moderator for better reach}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to clarify this for you.

Adobe Lightroom cannot allow selective syncing as this is a cloud-based application. Lightroom relies on cloud storage to keep the original images.

To best suit your needs, Lightroom Classic would be the go-to application. It will be a great learning curve to begin with. We are here to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to clarify this for you.

Adobe Lightroom cannot allow selective syncing as this is a cloud-based application. Lightroom relies on cloud storage to keep the original images.

To best suit your needs, Lightroom Classic would be the go-to application. It will be a great learning curve to begin with. We are here to help.

Now, all of your Original images with Edits & Editing Presets are backed up. You can empty the Lightroom Library by going to Lightroom Web (https://lightroom.adobe.com). Click on your user icon on the right > Account Info > Delete Lightroom Library. Please only do this once you are sure you have backed up everything, as this is irreversible & can not be undone. Check this discussion thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/how-do-i-clear-my-lightro...

Lightroom Classic is vast & very different in terms of the user interface. Please check these FAQs & tutorials before you begin syncing with Cloud.

Tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/tutorials.html

Sync From Lightroom Classic to Lightroom Ecosystem: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html
Lightroom Ecosystem Sync FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for replying so fast, i'm facing another problem, Lightroom Downloader refuse to download on my network disk (Synology Nas) by replying that there is not enought space to Download 115 GB, in fact i have 2,2 To available !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We understand. Adobe Lightroom Downloader might not save directly to a network drive.
Please download everything on the internal storage & then later, you can move the images to the network drive & Lightroom Classic works with images on the external drive.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How that's enoying ! i have to empty my local disk on my laptop, before ... pff what a moving ! Thanks for your reply that make me safe time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello it's still not working from local disk eighter. Have you an idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please ensure at least 15-20% of the storage is left apart from the Lightroom downloads. The macOS might not allow the apps to store data that can bottleneck total OS storage.

Let us know if this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer,

i'm out of solution, i clean more thant 200 GB on my local disk and Adobe Lightroom Downloader still refuse to download my 115 Gb database. I check macOS Preferences for application authorization, Adobe Lightroom Downloader have full access to my computer (see screenshot). I don't know what to do else !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sameer,

i try to find a solution as Adobe Lightroom Donwloader app don't work.
My main target is : 

• To switch to Lightroom Classic which is better for my use, it's already done
  • To import all my modified pictures from Adobe Lightroom CC to Adobe Lightroom classic
  • To empty my Adobe Cloud storage of 100 Gb and to keep online only my shared album (collection now)

What i do now, is that i import my last shoot direcly inside LrC. Finaly i activated synchronization with my Adobe Cloud and Lrc import from online, all my lightroom pictures. So i think that first step is ok because my local disk space passed from 220 Gb to 145 Gb. So all pictures are on my local disk.

Question, if i use now Lightroom CC and i delete all my albums and pictures :

• Will it empty my cloud storage ?
  • Will it delete my imported pictures in LrC ?

Thanks for answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea on my last questions ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Will it empty my cloud storage ?

If you're absolutely certain that all of the photos are showing in Lightroom Classic and you want to wipe the cloud, go to https://lightroom.adobe.com and sign in. Click your avatar in the top right corner, select Account Info from the menu and then click the Delete Lightroom Library button. That's the quickest way to completely wipes the cloud.

• Will it delete my imported pictures in LrC ?

No, removing photos from the cloud doesn't remove them from Classic, as long as they're already downloaded to Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines