• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing local Lightroom Mobile iOS files after losing Adobe Cloud access

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost corporate access to my Adobe Cloud account, but I can tell that my Lightroom Mobile app still locally stores my pictures, as it's taking 7GB of my iPhone's storage. If I log in with another account, these pictures are not shown in app, so I would like to know how to access them otherwise. Thanks

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you cannot access your account any longer but you know the photos are still inside the app on your device, try using iTunes or Mac OS Finder to copy out the photos from your Lightroom app.  See this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/recover-lightroom-mobile-photos-itunes-file-sharing.htm... 

When you find the "Originals" folder on your device that has all your photos, copy those to your computer.

I hope this helps a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Charles. I started transferring my files, but the process stops every time around 1/3 of the files. I have tried different cables and USB ports, restarting the computer and phone, OSX and windows, but nothing has worked so far. 

lsrodrigues_0-1634218338662.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @lsrodrigues 

If Apple file sharing is broken, this is a problem outside of our control.  I recommend updating all iOS, Mac OS or iTunes software and trying again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several third party apps offer deeper access to iPhone files than Finder does. This doesn't always work: files can "be in use" or have the wrong permissions, so they can't be transferred. This might be a deliberate protective measure to keep you from getting the files when you're not paying for a plan. Purchasing a single month of the Adobe Photography plan can be less of a hassle, if you remember to cancel in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This might be a deliberate protective measure to keep you from getting the files when you're not paying for a plan."

FWIW, Lightroom iOS is not engineered to function this way.  Usually Finder or iTunes file sharing should work just fine to access photos inside Lightroom's local app cache.  I wonder if a fill device backup and restore might help with this file access problem.

Also, yes, there are other tools which can provide more enhanced access to your device.  I will not list them here as Adobe does not endorse any 3rd party app for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom iOS is doing a lot of things it's probably not "engineered to do". I recently discovered 8Gb of DNG's I deleted over the years, stored in local file storage. Found 6Gb on my girlfriends phone, ranging back to 2017. We both have HDR duplicates all the time, just as much as files that go missing while processing.

And as for transferring DNG's: I've found many DNG's that can't be transferred using apps in any way. I'm not saying you're flagging them as "in use" or locked on purpose, but if an engineer would have discovered that as a methode to keep fremium clients from getting raw files, you'd never admit to it publicly either 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could possibly try the Lightroom Downloader tool also, you may still be able to access your account that way and download your photos from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines