• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Lightroom keeps crashing after launch.

Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Got a full subscription. Adobe Lightroom crashes on the desktop without a notice right after the app is opened.

The problem has been preserving for almost a month. Reinstalling doesn't work. No problems with hardware. Windows 11. Other apps work well.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk,

There were no any crash dialogs, just dissapearing of the program. Adobe Lightroom desktop version works just perfectly fine.

Kind regards,

Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused by your answer. You've posted in the Lightroom Ecosystem forum and now say that it is working fine. Are you perhaps talking about Lightroom Classic?

Please go to Help>System Info… and get us the exact installed version number of your software that is crashing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain from the blank sheet.

There are two versions of Adobe Lightroom: 1. Lightroom Cloud 2. Lightroom  Classic (desktop version, here's the misunderstanding I guess). Lightroom  Classic works perfect along with the other apps that I have in the Creative Cloud. Lightroom cloud-based version is constantly crashes on desktop without any messages - literally dissapears. It has been happening almost for a month, so I'm forced ro use Classic version.

I've got the latest versions of Lightroom Cloud (5.0) and Lightroom Classic (11.0.1). If you need logs I will gladly provide it, just guide me where I can find 'em.

Thank you.

System specs:

MB: MSI MEG Z390 ACE
PROC: Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX3080 ti EVGA ULTRA GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Trident F4000-C19-8GTZKK
SSD: 2Tb SSD WD Black SN750
WIN11 LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, too many "experts" here that can't even understand a thing.

I solved this problem. This is GPU related issue, as I wrote down in specs I have 3080 ti with game drivers on board (Win 11). To avoid crashings all we need just to turn off the GPU in settings. Too simple.

I hope Adobe will fix this issue cause it's been for too long and I hope my topic will help a lot for those who spend tons of time searching pointless forum threads.

Kind regards,

Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice solution, I have same trouble and graphic card, so it would work for me, but How can I cahnge this configutation tip if LRC crashes just before I can aschieve the configuration menu?
I would thank a suggestion 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 21, 2022 Jan 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. All you need after launching AL as swiftly as possible go to Preferences and turn off the GPU.

If it didn't work for you, I believe there is a config file where you can change this value.

Kind regards,

Maksim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I've turned it off. Still crashes on startup. I've ran the Adobe CC cleaner too, wiping everything and doing a clean install of Adobe again. Same problem. I can't get into Lightroom at all. Very very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s? Microsoft’s? Apple’s?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for responding. This account is my adobe account and email. I've submitted multiple crash reports. Yes it's the adobe dialogue- "sorry an error occurred". I click send (or don't send) and it closes Lightroom. If I don't click either and leave the dialog open, I can use Lightroom, which makes the error extra annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent another one, making sure to add my email to the workarounds field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I stumbled on the problem by searching for 0x80000003 on your forums. It appears that Lightroom will crash if MSI Afterburner is running in the background. That's a shame, but at least I know how to get it running now... close Afterburner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

same for me with lightroom classic. this is also my email I used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ii am so frustrated, I am a Photography student with exams very soon and continually Lightroom CC keeps crashing, nothing is working, I have sent loads of reports included my email and still this is not working, why am I paying for the software that crashes as it launches and is causing me so much extreme stress. I cannot even export my personalised presets so that I can just work elsewhere. HELP please

I turned off CPU, re installed, restarted my laptop, cleaned it, checked for virus, and nothing is working

a very stressed student 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines