Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple ProRAW Profile in iOS Lightroom App

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I upload ProRAW photo from my iPhone library to the Lightroom app and, as I can see, after applying Apple ProRAW Profile to this photo in Lightroom, image is different (seems to be washed out) than the original image in iPhone Photos app.

Is that normal situation? As I remember I didn't have this problem about 3 weeks ago...

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tobiasz5FCC 

Lightroom 7.0 for Mobile did release recently, and Adobe Camera Raw functionality our app uses was also updated.  But looking at a small set of my own ProRaw photos, I'm not yet seeing dramatic differences vs native image proceassing and display like you're asking about.

Still, it's true the way Lightroom (and Camera Raw) process raw images may indeed differ slightly vs Apple native display.  In the same  Edit > Profiles view you shared, if you use the slider to change the intensity of the ProRaw profile, what value suits your image the best?  Also, what device did you use to capture the image?

Thanks and kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

Intensity of ProRAW Profile set on value 100 suits the best my image from iPhone Photos App. But it still looks like the image is less colorful and the shadows are slightly understated. Of course, I can move a lot of sliders in Lightroom Editing and get what I want, but this is not the point. I would like to work with the picture as I can see it straight from iPhone Camera Roll (like couple of weeks ago).

I use iPhone 13 Pro Max to capture, display and edit the picture - everything on 1 device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the exact same issue, this was not present before in previous versions of LR CC on iPhone, iPad, or Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Tobiasz5FCC and @JordanPatterson 

We only just officially added support for iPhone 13 in this latest release, if this is the same series of devices we're talking about.  And a colleague on the Adobe Camera Raw team confirms the appearance you see upon applying the Apple ProRaw profile in Lightroom may not appear the same as with Apple's native apps.

Having said that, the way Lightroom displays these images shouldn't be worse.  Could you possibly share a sample image with me?  Click on my user name here in the forums, and choose 'Send a Message.'  Please attach a sample photo, for us to compare in the current and prior release in house.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines