(Beta OS) M1 graphics acceleration shows reduces saturation in image viewer

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Lightroom 5.5 from Mac App Store

2. MacOS Ventura 13.0 Beta on M1 Macbook Air with 8-core GPU

3. Graphics accelearation turned on

4. Graphics acceleration makes images look less saturated than they do when compared to when it is off. When it is turned off, the colors are correct (looks exactly like the export)

I was noticing that when exporting my images from Lightroom that my images would be significantly more saturated than they looked in Lightroom when editing them. After searching for a solution I came across a suggestion to turn off graphics acceleration. After turning this off, the photos finally looked like what they looked like on export. So it seems like graphics acceleration is making the photos appear less saturated compared to when it is off.

I am using an M1 Macbook Air running MacOS Ventura beta. This could be the result of using the macOS beta. However, this solution is frustrating because Lightroom works significantly slower when graphics acceleration is turned off. I attached two screenshots comparing graphics acceleration turned off compared to on. The one that looks slightly less saturated is when it is turned on. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to discussions: Beta Operating Systems are not supported. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem.

Images with enabled HW acceleration on M1 macs with MacOS 13 do not do any color management. There is not any color management in soft proof and images in develop module are quite differen than those exported or seen in library module.

This is probably due to Metal 3 being used on MacOS 13. I'm affraid that this will pop up when MacOS 13 is out and it will Adobe some time to fix. 

Is there any way od submiting beta OS bugs?

Br, Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines