• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can collaborators edit the pictures?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done most of the picture editing for a company. Now I'd like to step back and share all the pictures to another user so that they can work with the files in the future.

So far it seems though that I am able to share the albums in Illustrator, the other user is not able to make any edits to these files though. Inviting someone to be a collaborate on an album means that the other user can only add pictures to the album, not edit the existing ones? Can anyone suggest a fix or a workaround? 

Or maybe there is an easy way to send all the pictures to another user altogether?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could maybe do it the other way round, i.e. get the other user to create a new album which they then share with you and allowing you to be a contributor. You can then add the images in question to that shared album, which the other user can then edit as they own the album. However, when you contribute images, a COPY of your images are sent to the other user, so the images will appear twice in your library, i.e. your original in your own library (which you still own and can edit) and the copy which is in the other users's shared album (which you can't edit) and will be seen by you in the "Shared With You" section on the Shared tab.

I can't remember how the cloud space allocation is made in that situation, I have a feeling the other user would have the space taken from their allowance. That seems logical, but I can't be certain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like it could be a way yes...

Basically, I could copy all the pictures to the other user and then delete my own versions, I suppose. In this case, we would not need the double storage... Also, I think that if I share a picture to someone else, I still can edit the shared pictures? 

Quite annoying workaround though. I wish Adobe would just let collaborators edit the pictures as well within the albums... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I think that if I share a picture to someone else, I still can edit the shared pictures? 

It depends on who "owns" the album. If you share one of your albums, then any of your images in that album are yours, and only you can edit them. However, if you contribute some of your images to another users album, then I don't think you can edit them (but of course you can still edit the original version in your library, just not the copy that you've contributed to someone else). At least, that's the way it worked when the feature was first introduced, it's possible that may have changed, though I doubt it.

In terms of the "annoying workaround", do bear in mind this feature is relateively new and it's already been pointed out to Adobe that two-way editing would be good. So let's hope they take that feedback on board and do something about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines