• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone explain why the Smoothness Slider doesn’t show up in Mask Mode?

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Premium subscriber so that's not it. I just noticed when I am in Mask mode, the smoothness slider in the Details tab is not even listed. There are some other options that aren't listed as well and wondered why that is. If I only want to smooth a certain section of the image and not the entire image what would be the solution? Thanks! I'm using Lr Mobile on the iPad Pro. Noise and Sharpness are the only options.

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is simply not an option in local adjustments. Never was.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok. I'm fairly new to Lightroom Mobile so I have no idea. So what would be an option if I wanted to use smoothness for a certain area of the image but not the entire image? I was hoping I could paint the person's skin with the brush and then apply smoothness to it in the Mask mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should paint with negative sharpness for smoothing skin. You can also add negative clarity to it for extra effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For smoothing skin the best option is probably to paint with negative Texture. The Texture slider was originally designed for just that purpose. Only during testing it was found that positive Texture is actually great for detailed images like landscapes.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines