• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't access photos

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old Lenovo got to the point where it wouldn't update its operating system anymore, so suddenly Lightroom wouldn't open because the computer wasn't updated. I didn't have any idea this was happening, and now I cannot access any of the hundreds and hundreds of photos I had in Lightroom. How do I find them on the hard drive so that I can download them to an external hard drive? I have also switched to an iMac, so none of the photos I had edited on the Lenovo are showing up in the program on my Mac.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start a conversation by telling us the Version and Version Number of the "Lightroom" you are using.

And the Version Number of the Mac OS installed on your computers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Lr Classic 11.5 Lightroom 5.5 Photoshop 23.5.1 Bridge 12.0.3.270 MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

お使いのLightroomのバージョンは何でしょうか?

最新のLightroom(クラウド版)であれば、データは全てクラウドにあるので、PCやOS環境に依存せずに使用できます。

古いLightroom1~6、LightroomClassicであれば、ローカルにデータを置くので外付けのハードディスクなどでデータを引き継ぐ必要があります。

古いPCからMacへ移行するには、

カタログデータと写真のデータをコピーする必要があります。

外付けのハードディスクがNTFSでフォーマットされている場合は、Macの標準機能では認識ができない可能性があります。NTFSフォーマットをMacで使えるツールを導入して読み込むか、両OSで読み込みができるフォーマットでフォーマットし直してデータをコピーします。

(データが数GB位なら、USBメモリーやクラウドサービスを使用してコピーする事も出来ます)

Mac側でカタログデータを開いてデータを引き継ぎします。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not be completely understanding what you are saying, but I cannot access the photos on my PC to copy them to a USB or cloud service because Lightroom will not open. 

It sounds like because it was an older version that I won't be able to access them on the cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lenovo PCで使用したLightroomが起動しなくても、

カタログデータと写真のデータをMacへコピーすれば使えるはずです。

写真のデータは、入っているフォルダ構成をそのままコピーします。

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I have also switched to an iMac, so none of the photos I had edited on the Lenovo are showing up in the program on my Mac."

Did you COPY the photo files (Lenovo > iMac) via USB using Windows File Explorer and Mac Finder?

The photos you "had in Lightroom."- which "Lightroom" ?- the Cloud based  Lightroom or the Local Folder based Lightroom-Classic?

Do you know that Lightroom-Classic does NOT sync full-size files 'up' to the Cloud?

I am still confused by your explanations and so finding it difficult to suggest answers.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines