• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can’t press “update” button for legacy settings in Lightroom mobile for iPad

Participant ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird one, I've never seen it before or had this before.  On my iPad Pro (10.5") the "update" button that shows up when you load an old RAW image to update from a legacy profile can't be pressed.  It's not disabled, or doesn't look like it, but nothing happens when I touch it.  No reaction, no message, nothing.

This is in a set of images I've been working with before, and never seen this before.  The only difference now is I'm on a mini vacation (same country) and on crappier wifi (but just crappy, not disabled or anything).  

The images aren't local, but load fine when I start the app, and the rest of it (editing other images, moving between the 'legacy' set of images, that sort of thing, all work just fine.

Update - changing from wifi to hotspot doesn't change anything, nor did rebooting the ipad, or deleting and reinstalling the app.  The update button on the same photos on the iPhone works just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

We are sorry about the experience with Lightroom.

Would you mind sharing more information like the format of the images you are working with the camera model (if possible) the images were shot with? Also, please share the the screenshots or a video of your workflow so that we can try to reproduce it at our end.

We are here to help, just need some more information.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nikunj. 

• The format of the Image is DNG (not converted from other RAW format, but DNG out of the camera)
  • All images with the issue on LRm iPad seem to be in this format from this camera (which wasn't an issue when I was doing this a week or two ago)
  • The camera used was a Pentax K20D
  • An example image with this issue (imgp8531.dng) can be found in this dropbox folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2xar462ex6euqo2/AAA-pFKApBygxm8ySIWlD76la?dl=0
  • I'll also throw in a couple of other images with the same problem (named AJB_20101121_xxxx.DNG)
  • There is also a video there, including the "workflow" (which is really just opening the program, going to the image and trying to edit it.  The video shows me killing LRm, opening it up (it opens up to the last image I was working with) going back to the collection I was working with (2010 - to sort) and then going through a couple of images there and trying to hit 'update'
  • I've included screenshots of the same image from LR Classic, with one showing the process version (2) and one with exif information

Of course you can't see the taps in my screen recording, but when there is an 'update' button on the screen rest assured I'm hitting it!  I tried to indicate this at the end of the video by wiggling the image back and forth.  

Note again this whole thing works perfectly fine in LRm on my iPhone and LR Classic (I tested on another image - the next one beside it - simply changing the process version from 2 to 5 (current)).

Hopefully this will give you a bit more to chew on. 

lightroom mobile screenshot showing exif information.jpeglightroom classic showing exif information.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the information and the images. Let us try to work on the images and get back to you with more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Adobe team, is there any update to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another minor update. Deleting all CC data (end result of another bug with LR Classic sync8nv to CC) didn't affect this. Just in case that was going to come back as a troubleshooting suggestion.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Arcterex, 

The team was able to reproduce the issue and has filed a bug. Currently, this only affects the iPad version of the app. You should be able to still use Lightroom on your phone without issue. Please let us know if you run into any issues using your iPhone. 

^Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on a iMac. I want to edit my photos from my trip to Paris and it wont open a single photo. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same as Aleksandar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_0325.JPGI am having same issue.  I am working with a 1D MkIII and Macbook Pro 2015 running Lightroom version 3.3

Also unable to press the update button. Is this simply a storage issue on macbook?

Thanks for feedback!

Hope you enjoy the preview photos.. go rowing sports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines