• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add images in Lightroom desktop and the library is blank.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have never used Lightroom before and I'd like to learn. I installed the program through the  Creative Cloud app, and upon opening the program, I cannot. do. anything.

The + import button on the top left is grayed out. When I go to the File dropdown menu, 'Add Photos' is also grayed out. There is no "Import Photos" button at the bottom. I can't find a single other question or tutorial that has encountered this issue so I'm at a complete loss. Not really sure what I'm missing here. Screenshots below. This is all I can see when I open the program. I was assuming that all I had to do was install, import some photos, and start playing around but I guess that's not the case. I am running Windows 10 and haven't had any issues with Photoshop or Illustrator on this device. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall.

Lightroom CC 1.JPG

Lightroom CC 2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Thanks for the update.

We've seen several cases where corporate license users are facing this issue because of Admin controls over the data that can be synced.

Please refer the last comment in this discussion Lightroom CC: Add photo button greyed out. I cant import photo | Photoshop Family Customer Community and check with your Product Administrator or license owner to check for such permissions.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jessg13,

Sorry that Lightroom desktop app is not allowing you to import images as the "Add photos" option is grayed out. 

Could you please confirm your account status by going to www.adobe.com and logging in with your Adobe ID. Click on "Manage your Account" under your name.   Make certain you are showing an active account and that your expiration date has not passed.  Example:

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always had an active account and use Illustrator and Photoshop on a daily basis. I installed Lightroom on my Macbook Air and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have THE EXACT same problem and my account is not corporate. I literally JUST payed for the app and CANNOT USE IT. I alreade installed and uninstalled the app THREE TIMES. 

What can I do? I payed for it for a reason, I seriously need to use it right now and it is driving me INSANE that it doesn't work. 

What is causing this problem?

I am in Mexico.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you subscription is up to date can you let us know your license Type? Is it a normal Photography Plan License? Educational? Corporate (Enterprise)?  There have been reported instances with a Corporate license where the issue turned out to be the Corporate Admin controls.  Please let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plan shows up as 'Adobe for Teams'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

We've seen several cases where corporate license users are facing this issue because of Admin controls over the data that can be synced.

Please refer the last comment in this discussion Lightroom CC: Add photo button greyed out. I cant import photo | Photoshop Family Customer Communit... and check with your Product Administrator or license owner to check for such permissions.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this would most likely be something to do with the network permissions controlled by our admin? Such as if our admin does not allow network sharing with certain apps such as Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you could please check with the network admin and the product license owner. They'll be able to check and rectify this.

I'd also recommend that you please share your license type(Corporate) in the last comment Lightroom CC: Add photo button greyed out. I cant import photo | Photoshop Family Customer Community  so that the concerned engineer can check it.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue as @jessg13 ! I have been using Photoshop and Bridge with no issues for years. My subscription is personal, NOT corporate. I have had Lightroom as part of my subscription for years but never really used it much. I was actually trying to give it a shot editing and playing around in Lightroom for a few days. I turned my computer off and did some updates. When I turned my computer back on and ran Lightroom, the + import button on the top left was grayed out. Just like @jessg13  'Add Photos' is also grayed out in the File dropdown menu and there is no "Import Photos" button at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Lightroom just doesn't like people named Jess 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, having the same issue here. Personal account, Photography Plan, Lightroom just won't work on desktop. I can even see me Lightroom photos from Phototosop.

Adobe this is very disappointing, I've been trying to fix this for hours, multiple uninstalls and pc resets. This service is unacceptable given the prices. I expect a big refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues, even with high price and dont even get fix or feedback from services, such a disappointment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Been paying for the bundle but never tried to use LR until today. Absolutely nothing works. All programs were updated yesterday as that was an all day issue updating so camera raw would work. This is quite annoying and not user friendly especially given the cost paid!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! I am SO upset, it's not like the software is free. I see that recent comments have no reply. What can I do to get someone from Adobe to help me out with this? 

This is unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, driving me nuts. Been like this for weeks!!!! Works on mobile, does not work on laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Personal subscription and then the add photo button is greyed out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Have used it for years on my old laptop. Now I have a new one and Lightroom won't import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Creative Cloud Photography Plan with 1TB. Windows 10. Payments current. It worked a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. Creative Cloud app was not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for sharing, I was having the same issue and this worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with version 4.3 of Lightroom. In Creative Cloud I clicked on the three dots, selected "Other versions" and rolled back to 4.2. Can now add photos again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me, any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this worked for me and a student - we both have Enterprise versions. I noticed in another thread some people rolled back to even earlier versions. Have you tried that? If that doesn't work you could perhaps try uninstalling and running Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to start afresh and reinstall? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the oldest version worked fine for me, but makes no sense for me to pay and dont be able to use lastest versions. Any solution for newest versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines