• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC won t let me apply a profile to all images in one go?

Contributor ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on earth not?

So we have new colour profiles, great, but why cant i apply a (my) default one on import, or select all my raw files and apply thre same profile to all the images? Adobe are obviously aware not everyone wants to use the Adobe profile‘s, but it seems they make it so hard to change them It’s hardly worth having more than one. Selecting all doesn't work, before anyone suggests the obvious. YOu can select them all, but whatever one is in the main window is the only one that changes.

I did try and copy settings, and then past to all the selected images, but that just resulted in my album disappearing and the images dumped in to the all synced Album.

LR CC can do this, but cant upload full raw files, CC can upload full size raw files but not apply a default profile. Seriously?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

It is not possible to apply adjustments to multiple images in Lightroom CC at this time. This is often referred to as "batch editing", and has been a source of much contention and discussion as of late. It is a feature that has not as yet been implemented in the cloud-based Lightroom CC. The standard copy/paste (what ever that is for your operating system) is the best you can do at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to apply adjustments to multiple images in Lightroom CC at this time. This is often referred to as "batch editing", and has been a source of much contention and discussion as of late. It is a feature that has not as yet been implemented in the cloud-based Lightroom CC. The standard copy/paste (what ever that is for your operating system) is the best you can do at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation Jim. I thought that was the case, but also couldn’t believe CC was still so limited. I hardly use it as, well, its not very good and riddled with bugs (thats for another thread)

As for cut and pasting, as per above, doing that wipes out any album i have the images in, so I’m not going to bother with CC other than to use it to upload raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to understand that Lightroom CC is being designed from the ground up as a mobile platform primarily. It is not a remake or redesign of the "old" Lightroom. It's designed for users who want their images available immediately, anywhere, on any device. And the idea is to have a consistent interface on any of those devices. So "I think" having some of these power user features is probably not a top priority. I might be wrong in my assumption but that's the way I look at it. I have Lightroom CC installed on my computer. But since I don't use any mobile devices, Lightroom CC isn't really very practical for me. I have imported a few images into it and play with it a little, But Lightroom Classic CC is definitely my choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive avoided using CC because it does lack so much, but. Every time io go to use it i wastes so mugh time looking for the most basic of functions I’m at a loss to see why it was ever released in this state. I appreciate its getting better, but if you were to believe all the Adobe hype that you can edit anywhere then something this basic would be included.

I do most of my editing on my ipad, and I’m very, very happy with the mobile version, but it seems that the only way i can get my raw files in to the Cloud, so i can edit them ‘anywhere’, is to either load them on to my ipad and let LR upload them, or use LR CC on my desktop. The only time i got to Classic these days is to change the profile, and possibly do some upright correction.

My ipad is getting full, and i needed to get 300+ raw files to the cloud. At first i loaded them all in to Classic, which defaults to setting a Canon Standard profile. I thought i was set but oh no, Classic won’t upload anything other than smart previews. No good for getting hi res JPG’s from my ipad.  So I decided to give CC another go, but what with the bugs and the lack of ability to set the Camera profile for all the raw files It seems i still need all 3 to do a basic edit, which is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How do we apply camera settings on import. I would like to use Camera Faithful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines