• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change the DPI

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I only work with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and I love it. Unfortunately, a client needs a 300 dpi-resolution image and I can't export it. I already edited all the images on Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (Cloud version). What can I do? Should I transfer all the images to the Lightroom Desktop version - but how without losing the editing? Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Johan is right, there is an option: Mark the photos and go to the File > Export menu. On the right edge of the screen, choose JPEG or TIFF for the file type. For "dimensions", select "Custom". For" long side", select the unit "inches". Enter "300" into the field at "resolution". I have translated the terms from the German version, I hope it is understandable.

Adobe LightroomScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad that so many clients don't have a clue about these things, but that's another matter. I cannot check it right now because I type this on my iPad, but I believe you can specify the resolution in PPI of an exported image if you specify the size in inches rather than pixels.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johan is right, there is an option: Mark the photos and go to the File > Export menu. On the right edge of the screen, choose JPEG or TIFF for the file type. For "dimensions", select "Custom". For" long side", select the unit "inches". Enter "300" into the field at "resolution". I have translated the terms from the German version, I hope it is understandable.

Adobe LightroomScreenSnapz001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are both brilliant, thanks for helping me so quickly! So I only have to recalculate the PIXEL into INCHES and I can export it. Fantastic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so so so good. thanks a mill legend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much! I've been racking my brains trying to figure this out for the last hour or so too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines