• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choking at 65,000 photos

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 103,000 photos stored on a 5TB harddrive.  When loading the photos into Lightroom Classic, the program stops loading photos at about 65,000 photos and then starts going backwards and seems to stop at 20,000 photos.  What is happening and what is the solution?  I understand that 65,535 is the magic number in programming.  Is that number involved in this problem?  Thanks to anyone who can given any advice!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So if I understand you correctly, you try to import all 103,000 photos at once? I don't know if there is an official limit, but I would try to upload in smaller batches. A catalog can hold many more photos, mine has about 200,000 right now and I know some photographers have a few million pictures in a single catalog, so that is not an issue.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines