• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Client Download all photos from shared album?

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I share an album to a client for them to download the images from their photo shoot there is no download all button. Is there one somewhere that I'm not seeing? I usually send 20-70 photos to a client per shoot so them having to download them one at a time is a huge pain 

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

The client should be able to see the "Download Photos" option if they click on the tri-dot icon at the top right of the page - see screenshot attached.

When clicking on that button, Lightroom will download all the images - as jpegs - in a zipped folder (though I do see different behaviour depending in which browser I use, e.g. Chrome puts the jpens into a zipped folder, but Safari downloads the jpegs into an unzipped folder).

Dunsfold_Wings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client should be able to see the "Download Photos" option if they click on the tri-dot icon at the top right of the page - see screenshot attached.

When clicking on that button, Lightroom will download all the images - as jpegs - in a zipped folder (though I do see different behaviour depending in which browser I use, e.g. Chrome puts the jpens into a zipped folder, but Safari downloads the jpegs into an unzipped folder).

Dunsfold_Wings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On mobile that is not an option for clients per the screen shot 

AF87BB81-A55B-4E47-826C-4421DC9701DF.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it appears that the complete album download option isn't available when using a browser on a mobile phone (though downloading the files individually does appear to be possible). The full download option is however available when using a laptop/desktop operating system, which is what I assumed your client was using.

A comment from the Adobe team would be helpful, clarifying if this is a bug or a specific design limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your mobile browser, we need to activate PC view to be able to download all pictures in the same time... I prefer to have the option to download photos with the Mobil version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, For my own part, even on desktop I havn't the three dots and no possibility to download the entire album. (Mac big sur). Is WeTransfer the only solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download the entire album when using the LrWeb app in a browser window on a desktop/laptop system. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing in the LrWeb browser window when you have an album selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Maybe there is aconfusion in the terms. My problem is: I’m an Adobe customer with a photo plan and want to share a series of photos (that I’ve synchronised ) with a customer or family who has no particular relationship with Adobe. How can he/she download ( on desktop ) the entire directory/album? There is no visible button to do that but only the possibility to download the photos one by one, really painfully!
Thanks for your help

Charles HUBY
Portraitiste photographe

Mod <removed for privacy>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you are sharing the album from within one of the Lightroom apps, when you enable sharing there are various settings which you can enable or not. One of them is to allow the images to be downloaded, and assuming that option has been enabled then the viewer should be able to download the complete album....but only if using a browser running on a desktop operating system (i.e. MacOS or Windows), it can't be done from a mobile device.

So, if they are using a browser on a Windows or MacOS they should see the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the browser window when they have the shared album opened in the Grid view. Clicking on the icon should reveal the "Download Photos" option.

Shoreham_Air_Display_2013_by_Jim_Wilde_and_INBOX_•_jim_wilde_btinternet_com.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, having the same problem.

Shared an album per link and friends are trying to download the pictures but are unable to download them. 

They use an iPhone mobile browser mostly. 

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button is indeed only available on desktop browsers. Not on mobile. This must be because they don't know what to do with the downloaded file even though nowadays both iOS and android have file browser apps built in that could take the zip file. Probably too hard to understand for the target audience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines