• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compare Lightroom Classic Photos to Lightroom after migration

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom. On classic I only had a single catalog, but I chose to create collections by year and month so that they would be organized in Lightroom that way upon migration. Rather than do the entire catalog at one time, I exported each collection as a catalog and then migrated one by one.

The problem is, now Lightroom says I have 10,794 photos but in Classic I have 11,202. I ran the find missing photos tool in Classic and got rid of about a 100 unlinked photos, but I still have about a 400 photo discrepency. Is there a way to do a comparison to see what's missing? I am storing originals on my PC and that is where my catalog was originally, so I may be able to use a file compare tool between those locations...but considering how different the folder structure is...not sure it will work.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two thoughts:

1. You should be able to compare the numbers in the Classic collections (or collections sets) with the numbers in Cloudy's Albums (or Folders) and see where the missing ones are. Maybe it will reveal a file type, or a collection (or set) that got missed.

Related to that, I know videos are a bit different. Videos in an album in Cloudy will sync across to Classic but are then treated by Classic as unsync'd. So I wonder what happens the other direction, as you are doing. Do you have any videos in Classic? have they appeared in Cloudy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like virtual copies are the culprits. So the collection counts match from LR Classic to LR. Then I looked in LR classic at my collection dated 2017 and then compared to how many pics showed when I filtered by metadata for 2017. It appears when copying files from a filtered view over to a collection, it didn't bring over virtual copies. Is there a trick to this? Weirdly, I then did the exact same action I did the first time and it brought over the virtual copies this time.

I thought I read somehwere that virtual copies won't migrate to LR anyway, so is this worth trying to correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Afraid I dont know the answer here hopefully a real expert will chip in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines