• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CR2 files in Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom Classic.  The latest version.  I would like to know if I can somehow import CR2 files into Lightroom without converting to DNG format.  I have searched for the solution in forums and youtube, but no one answers this question.  If I can't do this, I will cancel my subscription.  I have already wasted way too much time trying to find a clear answer to this.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why you've wasted a lot of time on this, a fairly simple search should reveal this Adobe article which explains which version of which program is needed for raw file support: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Simply look up the camera model you are wanting to import from and check which version of Classic you need. As most later Canon cameras are producing CR3 raw files, I would think there'll be no problem with the CR2 files from your camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CR2 files work fine with Lightroom Classic. If you can't import them, then something else is going on. Are you using the import Add method or the Copy method? If you are using Copy, make sure the permissions on the drive you are copying to are set correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines