• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delete key stopped working in lightroom

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My delete button stopped working in lightroom the shortcut works and when I right click on the image I can select to delete and it works. When I use those options it will ask me if Im sure I want to delete the image which is aggrivating but when the delete button worked it wouldnt ask me that unless it was a large number of images. Any suggestion on why the delete button stopped working would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Assuming you are using the cloud-centric Lightroom desktop app, the Delete key works in different ways depending on whether you have selected an Album as your source or if you have All Photos as the source (or a non-album filter or search result).

If you have an Album as the source, the Delete key will only remove the image from the album, it does not delete it from the cloud, i.e. it remains in All Photos. By default, that will also produce a pop-up message asking you to confirm that removal,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using the cloud-centric Lightroom desktop app, the Delete key works in different ways depending on whether you have selected an Album as your source or if you have All Photos as the source (or a non-album filter or search result).

If you have an Album as the source, the Delete key will only remove the image from the album, it does not delete it from the cloud, i.e. it remains in All Photos. By default, that will also produce a pop-up message asking you to confirm that removal, but that is also one of those messages with a "Don't Show Again" option. Selecting that option will on future use remove the image from the album silently, i.e. without warning, which I assume that may be what you have done sometime in the past, and what has made you think that "the delete button has stopped working".

But when you have All Photos selected, or are working on a set of images produced by Search or Filter, the Delete key will allow the image to be deleted from the cloud, but it should not ever delete the image without the warning message, which makes sense to me. 

Given the above, can you retest to make sure that the Delete button really isn't working at all, i.e. make sure you have All Photos selected, then use the Delete key on any image to see if the "Delete 1 Photo" warning message appears or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are 100% correct! My issue was not lightroom it was user error haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines