• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Photos in Lightroom reappear in my library

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes (not all the time), I try to delete photos from my library in the Lr Desktop application, but weeks later they will reappear. I've now wasted hours deleting large batches of photos, which I then have to re-delete one or two more times. 

One reason suggested was that this was a memory-card sync issue. If you delete photos from your libary, and then import photos again from your camera's memory card, even if you select "don't import duplicates," you will re-import past photos beacuse Lightroom won't detect deleted photos as duplicates. I don't think this is the issue I'm encountering, though. I'm pretty disciplined with wiping my memory card.

I suspect the reason has to do with a glitch in the sync between my desktop Lr library and my Adobe Cloud Lr library. Maybe I delete photos on my desktop app and when it finally syncs up online (sometimes weeks later since I work in low-internet areas), the photos get added back into my desktop Lr library from the cloud backup.

Whatever the cause, this is a huge headache for me since I'm going back to re-delete hundreds and hundreds of photos. Deleting photos should be a simple operation in 2023, especially for a software package as expensive as Adobe. Plus they're charging me for the storage than I'm unable to delete photos from. Such a pain. Thinking of switching to Luminar.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it online, lightroom.adobe.com. That is the "master". I always delete from there and then permanently delete. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, since I have inconsistent and slow access to internet, using lightroom.adobe.com doesn't work for me. I just need the desktop app to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is your answer. If your internet connection isn't working, the files aren't being deleted online and won't be deleted. Lightroom is online - the images live in the cloud. The desktop app is just a conduit.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iPhoto works the same way - photos are stored in the cloud - but I can reliably delete photos on my iPhone and laptop. Apple has never messed up my deleted photos in the 10+ years I've been using their (free) software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines