• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do downloaded files and keep their edits?

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I choose the option to store the full size images locally, or if I use the Lightroom Downloader tool, I can not tell if the images are saved with their Lightroom edits in place.

I want to download my 2022 files to store locally and remove them from Lightroom CC to free up cloud space. If I should want to open those files again, would they retain their edits?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some moderator edited my post because I called it Lightroom CC.

Lightroom doesn't have a version called "CC"

I love it. That moderator was right to call it out and moderate it, Adobe doesn't call their software Lightroom CC, they call it Lightroom. Whew, it's a good thing they helped me and kept me from looking a fool in front of the photography community. The same communitiy that calls Lightroom Classic "Lightroom" and Lightroom "Lightroom CC." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Desktop last used the "CC" name at version 2.2.1 in 2017. While not impossible, I doubt that you are really using that old of a version. If you are using that version, apologies. If not, a good starting point would be to please go to Help>System Info… and provide us the exact installed version number of your software. 

One of the community experts here can advise you on possible workflows as there are several with their own advantages and issues. 

Actually, after thinking more about this. Downloader is probably not a good choice for what you are trying to accomplish as it downloads - everything! You would be better served doing a selection of 2022 images in Lightroom Desktop and exporting as either DNG or Original+Settings - either of those methods would allow you to surgically excise specific files while retaining their edits. 

Of course, you know your catalog better than anyone here and how hard it would be to extricate the 2022 files from a complete catalog download. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines