• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do Mac and iPad require separate subscriptions?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone!

New to Lightroom.  Purchased Lightroom for my Mac last fall.  Yesterday downloaded the app on my new iPad and did not have to pay.  It works on the iPad fine.  But now on my Mac the Lightroom app is asking me to purchase a subscription.  Do I have to purchase the subription for each devise or am I missing something?

Would really appraciate your help.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you send a message to LR they will answer you back pretty quickly! Good
question...
--
Susan J. Mason Rodan + Fields Independent Consultant Level 1 205-249-4016
Hoover, Alabama
https://sjmason.myrandf.com/Pages/OurProducts/GetAdvice/SolutionsTool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can connect both iPad and desktop version of Lightroom to the same subscription to creative cloud. One subscription to creative cloud allows you to run the desktop version of Lightroom on two computers and the mobile version on unlimited number of iOS and android devices. You can indeed use the iPad version for free without a subscription if you simply download and don't create an Creative cloud account but if you want to sync between the iPad and the Desktop, they need to be on the same subscription on the same account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Mac is not signed into your Creative Cloud subscription. You should use the Creative Cloud desktop app to sign in. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/desktop-app.html

When the iPad and computer are signed into the same subscription, you will see the same images on each device. There is no limit to how many mobile devices you can sign into the same subscription. You can have Lightroom on multiple phones and tablets, all signed into the same account with no extra cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somehow confusing. I just ended my chat with Adobe support. I subscribed to the 7-day trial of Photography plan 20GB. On Adobe's page, it is clearly informed it includes Photoshop on desktop and iPad, Lightroom on desktop and iPad, Lightroom Classic. But during chatting, it was clarified that I cannot use two devices. I should uninstall it from the desktop if I want to use it with an iPad. For me, that is just non-sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not true. I can't recall the amount of installs you can have for Lightroom Destktop but it's more than one and also you can have as many mobile devices as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that sounds reasonable. I just need to try how it works in practise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Definitely not true. The license allows you to install on two computers running Mac OS X or Windows for your own use (so you can't have a partner use the other machine for example but there is no technical enforcement of that - just a license agreement). You can install and sync on as many iOS and android (i.e. mobile) devices as you want. I think there is a limit there too but I don't think you can practically reach it for a single person. The two computer limit is much easier to reach. I am using the definition of a computer as being a desktop-like machine with a keyboard and a mouse running traditional operating systems. I realize that mobile devices are computers just as much as those but this is how it is phrased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines