• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Deleting Pictures From iPhone Camera Roll Delete from Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a little confused and keep seeing conflicting answers so I am hoping to get a definitive answer to what happens when I delete a photo from my camera roll.

I currently am using Adobe Lightroom CC with the 1T storage.

I have uploaded all my photos from the Camera Roll on my iPhone and would like to delete photos to free up space. If I delete the photos from the camera roll, will they be deleted from the cloud as well?

Please note I am referring to my camera roll, not the Lightroom mobile app.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2018 Nov 25, 2018

Yes deleting from the mobile app will delete them everywhere in the CC ecosystem, so also from lightroom.adobe.com and on any desktop installations of Lightroom CC. It will not delete them from the camera roll when you delete from the mobile app as again those are separate entities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No if you delete from the camera roll, images will NOT get deleted from Lightroom CC. They are completely separate things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much-if I delete them from the Lightroom mobile app, I take it they will be deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes deleting from the mobile app will delete them everywhere in the CC ecosystem, so also from lightroom.adobe.com and on any desktop installations of Lightroom CC. It will not delete them from the camera roll when you delete from the mobile app as again those are separate entities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks so much for the confirmation, appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at least until each one is synced to the Cloud.

Once that’s done you’re pretty safe to delete from the Camera Roll if you need space.

Also once synced the Cloud, the full res that Lightroom Mobile stored locally when Importing, will after a while be automatically be discarded for a thumbnail, if not accessed.

You also should be able to speed up this process in Lightroom Mobile by clearing cache, after sync is complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answers are very helpful.  Thanks.

Is there a way to have the photos deleted from the camera roll once they are transferred to Adobe CC?  Going back and deleting them manually seems tedious and I also don't want duplicates all over the place (in different ecosystems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question and really struggling to find a clear answer on this. I'm deleting three times - Lightroom CC, Classic (I think because I've got local storage activated) AND iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great question. I don't think it's available now, but would be a great update. I would like to be able to delete a photo in the iPhone photos camera roll and have that sync to the Lightroom mobile app. Then that would automatically delete it out of the desktop application. Adobe should really see if adding a feature like that is possible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know whether improvements have been made since this discussion, or is deletion still fully separate in the iPhone Camera Roll vs Lightroom Mobile? (i.e., it's still a once-off auto-import, not a sync)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iPhone Camera Roll doesn't sync with Lightroom, nor is it likely that it ever will. Auto-Import gets images into Lightroom, but it's a one way street. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines