• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DPC Watchdog Violation

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly get the DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION when using Lightroom Classic.  As long as I remain active doing edits, everything is OK.  If I pause and walk away for 2-3 minutes, I come back to either a frozen pc or a rebooted pc.  This senerio is very repeatable.  I went through a complete system reset, reinstalled Lightroom Classic but nothing has changed.  I keep my Lightroom catalogs on an external SSD.  I moved everything to an external HDD but to no help.  Everything else on pc is functioning as expected.  What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know how you get on! I've got DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONs and trying to eliminate Adobe from the list of possibilities 🙂

Forgetting more than I learn - I wish I was younger! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick google shows that these errors are caused by bugs in storage drivers: https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/dpc-watchdog-violation.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a fix to this?

having the same infuriating issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up with a new Mobo and 2 new SSDs under my Dell warranty. Reinstall of Windows and sorted 😀. Moved on to an equally infuriating timeout issue that would crash the computer when I was away. Finally sorted that by disabling switchable graphics and only using the Quadro card.... Gotta love computers! 🤣🤣

Forgetting more than I learn - I wish I was younger! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines