Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export File Size Browser

Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support,

I already asked the question. Just again: will there be any chance that Adobe in the Browser does support the download of edited pictures in full size (the same like the mobile app for Android/Chrome OS supports).

If not: could you pls share the reason why this is not possible. Maybe this gives a better understanding why this feature is not possible and I moight not ask again.

Kind Regards

Michael

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify what you are asking for? I assume you are referring to the LrWeb app, which does run in a browser window, but what do you mean when you ask for "the download of edited pictures in full size"? Currently, LrWeb allows the download of shared albums in the current edited state, which includes any crop, i.e. it will only download the full original resolution of the images if the image in its edited state is uncropped. If you crop an image prior to sharing, the download will (logically in my opinion) only download the cropped dimensions.

Is that what you are asking for, i.e. the download to ignore the crop and always download the full original resolution? If so, I would suggest that a formal feature request needs to be submitted before Adobe would consider providing that functionality. After all, the download is meant to show the edited images, and any cropping done is part of the editiung process, so should be included (as it currently is).

One other thing to note is that if the images in the album are smart previews of images synced up from Lightroom Classic, the download can only download reduced resolution images, which are currently capped at 2048 pixels on the long edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

just for clarification. full size is meant in full fie size. Sorry for misunderstanding. Cropping is not the issue. I just want to download the result of my editing in jpeg with 100% and full image size for edited pictures. In the web app you can only download the source (the one I uploaded initially before editog) file in full file size (the original one). Once you edited the photo you cannot download the file in 100% quality. the files downloaded are much much smaller as the original ones (while having the same widht and height as the original).

I use the download of the edited files to archive them in my repo. That is the reasone why I want to have them in 100% JPEG quality.

So where is it possible to place this feature request - but to be honest a bit funny, because this is a very basic operation that every image editor provides. And so does the mobile app, too - but not the web front end. Funny that it is needed to place a feature request for it. We are not talking about rarely used or very special or advanced features.

So would be nice if you can provide the URL where I can place the request.

(Nevertheless: I like Lightroom Mobile and Web very much. It provides all the operations that are needed in a very good and usable fashion. So no issues about LR at all from my side - just this tiny little thing 😉 ...)

Michael

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I see what you want now, though to be honest I really don't think LrWeb is intended as the means to produce archive-quality images. It's main purpose has always been the effective sharing and viewing of albums in a "wherever you may be" type if environment, in which the ability to download 80% quality jpegs (which is what I think the LrWeb download option uses) is in most cases perfectly adequate. I would think most users, myself included, would not be able to discern any difference between 80% and 100% full-resolution jpegs. 

However, if it's something you think would be of value, go ahead and make a feature request using these guidelines: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

To make the request, post a new thread (making it clear exactly what you are asking for, and why you think it's needed) as you did this first thread, just select "Ideas" rather than "Discussions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines