• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting high resolution edited images from Lightrooms free subscription (NZ/AUS only)

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to try out Lightroom as I have no previous experience. I'm in New Zealand and am starting with the free subscription to test it out. I have edited a few images and am now trying to export them at the same resolution/size as the edited one/original as it is in lightroom - i.e, I have an edited image which is 8.1MB/4992x3744 and when exported it is 883KB/1280x960. I have used the custom settings - JPEG file, resolution changed to 300ppi, quality 100%, output sharpening on screen and amount on low, colourspace sRGB, but this isn't helping.  I'm using a Mac Air, if this is of any consequence.

Am I just not able to export high res images with this version/need to upgrate to Lightroom Classic or am I missing something here?

Thanks to any kind soul who can help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

If you are using "Custom Settings", what are you specifying in the "Dimensions" box? If you want the full resolution you should be using "Full Size".....but if you've changed the PPI value to 300ppi you must be using the "Custom" option, and then setting the output dimension in inches or cm (that's the only time the PPI value appears in the export settings dialog).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using "Custom Settings", what are you specifying in the "Dimensions" box? If you want the full resolution you should be using "Full Size".....but if you've changed the PPI value to 300ppi you must be using the "Custom" option, and then setting the output dimension in inches or cm (that's the only time the PPI value appears in the export settings dialog).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah! This is embarrasingly easy haha. Very grateful, thankyou kind sir. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines