• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full resolution export from Lightroom mobile app - impossible!

Participant ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume this has come up before but I'm so shocked this seemingly simple feature isn't possible, I wanted to share it publicly in the hope Adobe may do something about it.

I can't believe there is no way to import and edit a photo in either desktop version of Lightroom, sync the edited pic to my phone via the Lightroom mobile app, and then export that edited photo at the original full resolution from my phone.

I'm not missing something am I? This seems like a massive oversight. Phones have plenty of memory these days - and we're only talking about 10MB per photo.

Surely any software aimed at professionals would offer this functionality?

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Yes you can export at full resolution from Lr Mobile on your phone.....but only if you've got a full resolution image in the cloud, and to get a full resolution image in the cloud you have to import it into either the Lightroom desktop app, or LrWeb, or Lr Mobile. All of these automatically syncs the full res image to the cloud. However, if you import into Lr Classic and sync from there to the cloud, only Smart Previews are uploaded, not the full res image. Smart Previews are 2560 pixels on the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can export at full resolution from Lr Mobile on your phone.....but only if you've got a full resolution image in the cloud, and to get a full resolution image in the cloud you have to import it into either the Lightroom desktop app, or LrWeb, or Lr Mobile. All of these automatically syncs the full res image to the cloud. However, if you import into Lr Classic and sync from there to the cloud, only Smart Previews are uploaded, not the full res image. Smart Previews are 2560 pixels on the long edge, so if that's all that you've put into the cloud then it's obvious that you can't export it at full resolution.

So, to get a full resolution export, make sure you are syncing at full resolution to the cloud first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim, many thanks for the reply. I see where I was going wrong now - I was hitting "export original" on my phone when I should have selected jpg and "largest available dimensions". My mistake. 

Thanks for clearing that up - I'll delete the original question once you've had a chance to read this. 

Cheers, Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines