• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full Screen Off Center

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having an issue where when I try to go full screen on an image it won't always expand correctly. It used to just fit the screen, but every now and then, it will be shifted over in weird places and I am not sure how to recenter the shots. I know it happens because I zoom or move the image to look at certain spots but I find it hard to get it right back to where it should be to expand fully. Attached is a video displaying the issue.

Lightroom Desktop

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a soultion? Having the same problem and it is extremly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also when not in fullscreen. Is there not a button i can press that always reset/recenter the image perfectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for this! I am brand new to Lightroom from this week and I think this is a crazy "feature?"🧐 Where's the hot key Fit to Fullscreen? Why am I zooming around in Fullscreen mode? I can see why you might want to zoom in, but surely there's a need for Reset to Fullscreen? Well, I need that. I guess I'll try Lightroom Classic. Is this why there still is Lightroom Classic? I haven't tried LrC yet but I'm guessing there's an uproar from the community about LightroomCC? I'm a Premiere guy and there isn't a Premiere Classic, just sayin'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The only solution I've found is totally restarting Lightroom, which obviously is unacceptable. You should be able to re-center and fit images automatically to fullscreen. I can't find anything in Lightroom preferences to adjust the settings for fullscreen viewing.

I think this is a Lightroom glitch and they just need to fix it. It's very annoying. Even if you accidentally zoom while in fullscreen mode, all of your fullscreen viewing will be at least slightly off for the rest of your session.

It's such a shame that in 2023 Adobe is charging money for products with such simple defects. iPhoto hasn't given me this problem in the past decade that I've been using it. Fullscreen viewing shouldn't be a glitchy function on an expensive software suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To those who've posted on this thread:

How, exactly, are you entering full screen? What KBSC or Menu commands are you using when you invoke 'full screen'?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either clicking "f" while viewing a photo, or using the toolbar menu [view]>[Detail - Fullscreen].

Both of these methods seem to have the same effect and both result in experiencing the same issue with photo alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still a disconnect here. I cannot replicate the failure with either of those full screen methods.  Can you provide detailed step-by-step instructions to recreate the problem?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. start viewing a photo from your library in fullscreen mode

2. zoom in on the photo (I do this using the trackpad) so that it's no longer centered or fit to the screen

3. switch to the next photo: is the next photo also off-centered now?

For me once I've zoomed or re-aligned one photo, all the others will now be off-centered, zoomed in or out, mis-cropped, etc. Even if I try to realign the first photo that I zoomed in on, others will be off-fit. Even if I exit out of fullscreen, press the "fit" button and re-enter fullscreen, the problem persists. I have to completely restart lightroom in order to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suggest trying to toggle the FIT and FILL functions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines